Apache Pharoahs On The Way (1 Viewer)

jdub

Pair
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a set of Apache Pharaohs. I got a 350 chip micro-stakes set qty 100/100/75/75. That should serve for a variety of blinds, buy-ins, stack depths.

Rather than try to spec out one set to rule them all, I decided to get a small set for this particular purpose. That way I can get another set for another purpose later which is sure to be fun. We will see how it goes.

If I really want to, I can tack on a couple denominations to the micro-stakes cash set and it will work for a tournament quite easily as well. I am OK with the denoms being more closely related in value to the buy-ins for a tournament. T.05 is way more legit than T1000 with a $20 buy-in.

If all that I was going to do was fawn over chips all day, I could have gone on to sample another 20 varieties. I can still do that of course, but the whole point in getting started was to set up a home game with some nice chips. So here we go.

I was at a home game last night. The host had a pretty substantial fleet of chips. We had 50 players. Occasionally he did walk around to tables and color people up right out of their stacks because he needed a different denomination at a different table. I realized that you don't need things to be super perfect. (which was mentioned to me in my travels here) That game went from T100 to 25,000 which is only 5 denominations. Game was drawing to a close at BB=80,000. I doubt they had to get into a 100,000 chip.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on a set of Apache Pharaohs. I got a 350 chip micro-stakes set qty 100/100/75/75. That should serve for a variety of blinds, buy-ins, stack depths.

Rather than try to spec out one set to rule them all, I decided to get a small set for this particular purpose. That way I can get another set for another purpose later which is sure to be fun. We will see how it goes.

If I really want to, I can tack on a couple denominations to the micro-stakes cash set and it will work for a tournament quite easily as well. I am OK with the denoms being more closely related in value to the buy-ins for a tournament. T.05 is way more legit than T1000 with a $20 buy-in.

If all that I was going to do was fawn over chips all day, I could have gone on to sample another 20 varieties. I can still do that of course, but the whole point in getting started was to set up a home game with some nice chips. So here we go.

I was at a home game last night. The host had a pretty substantial fleet of chips. We had 50 players. Occasionally he did walk around to tables and color people up right out of their stacks because he needed a different denomination at a different table. I realized that you don't need things to be super perfect. (which was mentioned to me in my travels here) That game went from T100 to 25,000 which is only 5 denominations. Game was drawing to a close at BB=80,000. I doubt they had to get into a 100,000 chip.
This was my first set. Nice choice. Colors, mold, and design are great. They do need some play to get the factory dust off for the color to really pop. You could also wipe them down with a slightly damp cloth. They get less slick with more play too. There's also plaques too if you want to get fancy.

I realized that you don't need things to be super perfect.
You have achieved enlightenment!

... that puts you well ahead of most people here, I might add.

1660490955372.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom