Apache 4800 (on sale) (1 Viewer)

They are usually on their web site - monthly ads (or something like that). I think the 20% or 25% off Apache case coupons are in there every other month. It doesn't seem to be every time.
Ok ,Thanks!
I am impatient and I can afford the extra $8 so I am just going to order the 3800 & see what I think. Maybe I'll be a bit more patient and order the 4800 the next time they go on sale

when you walk into the store ask them for the weekly flyer also ask them to point out the store coupon since your eyes arent that good blah blah they will find it for you

FWIW, there is a 10% sale on everything going on at Harbor Freight. Members get an additional 10%.

70979815.png

*I apologize in advance if this violates any posting rules.

I'm away at the moment so no pics, but I think I can explain. This was a pretty tight fit side-to-side. Ordinarily, the outside padding that frames the pick-and-pluck squares would get in the way. I took a razor and shaved each of the sides of that padding down by about 50%. I just took my time and tried to make it as straight a cut as I could. With each sidewall padding cut in half, I got the racks to fit. I'll see if I can post a picture later.

I obviously did sacrifice some cushioning/protection for this on the sides. but the other options were either: (1) four centered vertical racks (not much room for cards unless they are pressed up against the chips), or (2) an unbalanced case with chips shifted to one side. But this third option kept the case balanced and made room for cards, so I thought it was worth it. It's not as easy to get the racks in and out as it is with the 600 chip case, but with the spray-and-seal in place, I think it will be durable enough.

Last edited:
I got it now. IF you are that thin on padding, you might be better off getting some high density foam pads for the sides.

I got it now. IF you are that thin on padding, you might be better off getting some high density foam pads for the sides.

I think this is a good idea. I've got some 1/4" closed cell foam leftover from my table build. I might see if I can double it up and spray it black to match. But, I will also say that the top padding pressing down the chips keeps them nice ad tight. I'm not overly worried about the chips even if I were to drop the case.

......but I think I can explain. This was a pretty tight fit side-to-side. Ordinarily, the outside padding that frames the pick-and-pluck squares would get in the way. I took a razor and shaved each of the sides of that padding down by about 50%. I just took my time and tried to make it as straight a cut as I could. With each sidewall padding cut in half, I got the racks to fit........
It looks like you could fit another 2 racks in there in the same orientation as the middle 3. That would allow 1000 chips. Might not be room for cards, idk

I have one on order and I think it should show up tomorrow. When it does, I'm goint to try & see if I can get 1000 in there

It looks like you could fit another 2 racks in there in the same orientation as the middle 3. That would allow 1000 chips. Might not be room for cards, idk

I have one on order and I think it should show up tomorrow. When it does, I'm goint to try & see if I can get 1000 in there
You have to keep the radiused edges in mind The inside isnt square, so something that may barely fit across the top wont fit across the bottom.

I have been using the 3800 for a bit now for 800 chips which works out great for my cash games for traveling, but I'm finding that it's just more useful to me to store sets in the cases rather than any other way. Finally bought a 4800 and was able to fit 1500 chips in Bud Jones racks. Going to have to buy another one for my BCC set now! There is some extra room around the edges to do buttons or cards, but this sucker is already 41 pounds loaded and I didn't want to cutout the foam anymore since I will be taking the top layer out frequently to load/unload the racks. *Paulson racks are not as long and may not fit well in this orientation. At a glance, you might be able to fit 21 paulson racks, 5 vertical and 2 horizontal stacks, by removing all the pluck foam leaving just the border. The clamping pressure from the lid foam would probably hold them well enough. Would be a beast to lug though :wtf:

1625613137693.png

1625613148260.png

1625613155643.png

I have been using the 3800 for a bit now for 800 chips which works out great for my cash games for traveling, but I'm finding that it's just more useful to me to store sets in the cases rather than any other way. Finally bought a 4800 and was able to fit 1500 chips in Bud Jones racks. Going to have to buy another one for my BCC set now! There is some extra room around the edges to do buttons or cards, but this sucker is already 41 pounds loaded and I didn't want to cutout the foam anymore since I will be taking the top layer out frequently to load/unload the racks. *Paulson racks are not as long and may not fit well in this orientation. At a glance, you might be able to fit 21 paulson racks, 5 vertical and 2 horizontal stacks, by removing all the pluck foam leaving just the border. The clamping pressure from the lid foam would probably hold them well enough. Would be a beast to lug though :wtf:

View attachment 732473
View attachment 732474
View attachment 732475
Do you have any Matsui racks that you can test and see how many fit in the 4800?

Do you have any Matsui racks that you can test and see how many fit in the 4800?
I have the Apache "matsui style" racks, they will fit in the same footprint as my bud jones racks just a little tighter and took a little more pressure to clamp the lid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom