Anyone trying to get new Nvidia 3000 Series RTX Graphics Cards? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
For those in the PC world, there's a lot of new tech that's been coming out, but scalper bots have bought up a chunk of the inventory on most sites within seconds of launch and it's been difficult for the common folk to get their hands on them.

About the only thing NewEgg has done to fight scalpers is put the new tech in bundles, so you have to purchase it with some other items. I was fortunate enough the other week to find a bundle with an MSI RTX 3070 Trio X - 8GB card and snagged it, already have it in hand. Planning to use it for my wifes new build if it'll fit the case, gotta check it all.

But anyway, yesterday I managed to REALLY luck out again. I checked NewEgg (searching for "RTX bundle") and came away with TWO more of the MSI RTX 3070 Trio X's AND a Gigabyte Xtreme 24GB 3090 bundle as well! I almost snagged a 3080 card too but by the time I tried to purchase that bundle it was out of stock, whomp whomp.

Gotta wait for them to arrive but I will have:

THREE MSI RTX 3070 Trio X cards - https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-...x-trio/p/N82E16814137603?Item=N82E16814137603

msi.jpg

ONE Gigabyte RTX 3090 Xtreme - https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...x-24gd/p/N82E16814932340?Item=N82E16814932340

aorus.jpg

I'm doubtful I can fit any of the three fan cards in my new rig because I went for a much smaller case, so will probably need to snag myself a 2 fan version. Anyway, wanted to reach out and see if anyone in the community is trying to get one before I offer any up to facebook friends.

EDIT: If interest is too great for my supply I will likely have to do some random selection process.

I’m doing a pc build right now actually and this has been a problem. I’ve been holding off the build because of the lack of availability on these cards.

Can you pm me what you’re asking for them Anthony?
Cheers

I’m doing a pc build right now actually and this has been a problem. I’ve been holding off the build because of the lack of availability on these cards.

Can you pm me what you’re asking for them Anthony?
Cheers

I haven't sorted that out quite yet, but I don't want to price gouge everyone like the scalpers are and I want to be completely transparent. However, I also had to purchase extras in the bundles just to get the cards and bypass the scalper bots that are trying to buy the graphics cards solo, so I had some additional expense on top of the cards.

I may see if I can just return the bundled items for a refund of those costs though, might be the best/easiest way of recouping my cost.

3070.png
3090.png

I have confirmed I can return part of the combo purchases so I'll just do that and that way I'm not buying a bunch of generic RAM I have no use for lol.

He says it might not be compatible with my motherboard.

Just let me know your price on the 3070. I’d buy both, but then I’m not better than the scalpers. ;)

I can handle chipping, that was supposed to say “shipping”, but I’m leaving it. Haha

He says it might not be compatible with my motherboard.

Just let me know your price on the 3070. I’d buy both, but then I’m not better than the scalpers. ;)

I can handle chipping, that was supposed to say “shipping”, but I’m leaving it. Haha

Price outside of bundle was $579 plus sales tax so thinking $630 plus shipping costs would make me whole

Nvidia 3000 Series RTX Graphics Cards​

What does it mean that when I saw ^^^^, I wondered what kind of playing cards these were. It didn't take that long to realize my error, but anyway.

Sounds good to me Anthony. You want a deposit?

i can get it shipped on my FedEx account. I just used the box dimensions online and it’s pretty reasonable if going ground.

you selling chips? Maybe we can bundle it. Haha

on second thought I should probably get you to do some harvesting for me. ;-)

Sounds good to me Anthony. You want a deposit?

i can get it shipped on my FedEx account. I just used the box dimensions online and it’s pretty reasonable if going ground.

you selling chips? Maybe we can bundle it. Haha

on second thought I should probably get you to do some harvesting for me. ;-)

Before I sell any of them I need to:

1. Wait for them to arrive (most just ordered yesterday)

2. If there are too many folks interested here I will need to do a random selection to see who gets first crack. Didn't want someone to potentially miss out because they were a few hours off from another poster. So wanted to give this thread a couple of days just in case, cards are still being packaged anyway

So are these cards hot because of Crypto mining? Or is there a Gamer aspect to it?

So are these cards hot because of Crypto mining? Or is there a Gamer aspect to it?

The RTX 3070 is essentially a $500-600 MSRP card that performs VERY close to last generations top of the line RTX 2080 Ti which was a $1,200 card

The RTX 3080 and 3090 cards are steps above that.

While crypto is part of it, I suspect it's more just plain scalpers looking to profit more than miners buying up all the cards

There are a number of new games coming out that people are excited for, and more gamers have been moving to 1440p and 4k displays and are looking to get the best from them

So high demand for a new generation of tech that is a fairly significant boost over previous gen, plus low supply equals a pretty standard spot when new tech rolls out

They're doing it with AMD's new CPUs and it will happen in a few days with AMD's new GPUS

Plus the new xbox and playstations as well

Most a in stock in BE (3070, 3080 & 3090)

That's because foreigners lack the entreprenurial spirit of American scalpers, plus paying 70% of your income as taxes doesn't leave much in the way of discretionary spending, but hey, fantastic chocolates!

USA USA USA!!!

Ugh. Ill have to hold off with my golf sim build. Great offering @Anthony Martino . People will snag these right up. I'm probably leaning AMD just to save a few bucks on the build.

I'm hoping to snag an AMD card (or 27 of them) when they launch too lol. Was just checking and the 3090 card uses THREE fucking 8-pin power connectors, holy shit!

That’s the 2nd best 3070 card on the market for temps and noise. Well done.

sell 2 and definitely keep one.

So I've been very fortunate and was able to obtain the following:

two - RTX 3090
one - RTX 3080
five - RTX 3070

Don't have them all on-hand yet, but managed to luck out and find a few with only 2 fans instead of 3 that'll fit the smaller cases we're using for our new builds. The rest should sell for a little bit of profit given how fast they sell out online as soon as they become available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom