Anyone still doing aftermarket hotstamp? (1 Viewer)

Venturalvn

Full House
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there still doing aftermarket hotstamping? Might be looking to give a go at either ASM or CPC hourglass blanks.

IIRC, someone else alluded to offering hot stamping as well. Don’t want to tag them as I’m not sure if they want it known or not yet.

@cgraham86 will be the last of a dying breed then. Your next option would be CPC (for customs, at least.)
I was trying to inquire about having some blank Hourglass chips stamped, and from CPCs site it doesn't look like they will stamp on HG. My idea is quickly dying...

Last edited:
I know who got Fabian's Kingsley..but don't think he will provide the HS-service.
If so, then he will post here ;)

Send me a PM for what you have in mind. I have a handful of people who want a few racks of chips stamped here or there, so it may take a while. A couple of those members have MD-50 blanks, which can really be a challenge.

And this is strictly a hobby, so I get to it when I get to it.

Hourglass are a lot easier than something like MD-50, but over the years their recessed inlay has become less reliable out of the box so it requires more careful work.

Send me a PM for what you have in mind. I have a handful of people who want a few racks of chips stamped here or there, so it may take a while. A couple of those members have MD-50 blanks, which can really be a challenge.

And this is strictly a hobby, so I get to it when I get to it.

Hourglass are a lot easier than something like MD-50, but over the years their recessed inlay has become less reliable out of the box so it requires more careful work.
So it sounds like if I can get my hands on ASM blanks there will be less work/waste?

CPC's list of molds and which ones are or are not available for hotstamping is pretty much dead-no accurate. However, it doesn't stop us from trying to hotstamp MD-50s (DIASQR), hourglass and FDL's. All of various degrees of success and mis-stamps. Out of these three the hourglass mold is probably the one that will have the least.

A-molds (A-crest), HHR and the others are much easier to hotstamp because their inlays are much more consistent.

+1 for @cgraham86 and +1 for A-Molds. 1800 chips stamped and "0" errors. (y) :thumbsup:

greenset01-jpg.59266

For my MD-50 stamp with @cgraham86, I am anticipating 25% to 50% error rate so I ordered chips accordingly.

There are also lots of design considerations for MD-50 stamps. If you are going to have detail in the center, you need to avoid detail on the edge. Detail on the edge is fine as long as you don't put much (or anything) in the center.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom