Anyone notice PokerStars blinds are FUBAR? (1 Viewer)

legonick

Straight
Reaction score
Anyone notice PokerStars blinds are FUBAR?

What I mean is, they are button-driven, not blind-driven. I've noticed this before, but last night it really struck me while playing a MTT.

Hand 1:
UTG (me) folds.
Folds around to the button.
Button shoves all-in.
SB folds.
BB calls and is covered.
Button wins the hand, BB is gone.

Hand 2:
Button advances to SB from hand 1.
SB advances to me.
BB advances to UTG+2 from hand 1.

Nice, I didn't have to pay the BB!

Anyways, I just feel like that's really strange, as everything else on PokerStars seems totally "legit" - lots of game modes, a focus on game integrity (no talking when someone is all-in, no "add a friend" button to promote collusion later), hand-by-hand play near the bubble in MTTs, etc.

How can they get blind movement so wrong when so much else is so right?

So if I understand your description, instead of a dead SB in hand #2 the SB jumped to you, the player on your left became the BB and the SB from the previous hand became the button?

I've been playing on Stars for a long time and never seen that happen... sounds like a one-off glitch. I wouldn't think anything of it unless there's a noticeable pattern.

So if I understand your description, instead of a dead SB in hand #2 the SB jumped to you, the player on your left became the BB and the SB from the previous hand became the button?

I've been playing on Stars for a long time and never seen that happen... sounds like a one-off glitch. I wouldn't think anything of it unless there's a noticeable pattern.

Correct! This was seen on PokerStars US with play money. I'd expect the same to be true for "home games" hosted through PokerStars.

I actually have footage of it happening in a 9 player SNG...I'm working on uploading that now to show exactly what I mean.

I actually noticed the exact same thing this weekend when playing Pokerstars. A player skipped BB due to another player being eliminated.

Yeah it only matters in certain cases...I only really picked up on it because it happened in a MTT when the blinds were really high, BB busted and I got a free BB pass!

Have you played many of the MTTs on there? Ever go deep? It's an interesting event...seems like there is some normal poker at the start, then a huge flip-fest to get down to FT or 2 final tables, then back to good normal poker. The FT is almost always good players and it almost always last a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom