• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Anyone near Pflugerville, Texas? (1 Viewer)

Nice deal. The initials are the first letters of me and both my kids. Or my first name and last name (I would have had to make up the middle initial) I could have made that work without milling them. Lol

Clearly not experienced...
I dunno, is there something to be said for decency or niceness? Honest question, no judgements either way, and I’ve never been in the position, so I don’t know what I’d do. But if somebody has no idea that their stuff is worth ten times what they’re asking for it, is there a better way to deal with them than to just give them what they’re asking, and profit?

I dunno, is there something to be said for decency or niceness? Honest question, no judgements either way, and I’ve never been in the position, so I don’t know what I’d do. But if somebody has no idea that their stuff is worth ten times what they’re asking for it, is there a better way to deal with them than to just give them what they’re asking, and profit?
If someone’s in the game and is just selling low or should otherwise know better, take the deal and run. If someone’s come into property w/o realizing what it’s worth and I know they’re selling *to me* entirely too low, I’ll proactively offer them more than they’re asking such that they still get more than they would have, and I still get a deal (maybe 80-90% normal expected sell price depending on what I’m planning on doing with the goods) so that everyone leaves happy. If I’m an uninvolved third party and for whatever reason I come into knowledge where someone’s about to leave significant money on the table unawares, that’s where it gets a little murky for me. Each scenario would be different so I’ve no general guidelines to follow here, and fortunately this is exceedingly uncommon since I don’t exactly make a habit of poking my nose into others’ business. It’s probably some factor of percentage and dollar value lost, though, and if I’m being completely honest, how biased toward or against those involved I might be at the time.

If someone posts something here, I stay far away to hopefully be one less person driving the price up.

If I find a deal myself, I inform the seller, and hope that they still provide a reasonable discount. If they have a large portion of chips, i often will get them to people at cost privately.

My last find wasn’t super great, but it was stuff I figured someone needed. So I convinced him to just let me list everything for him here, so people could get what they needed.

All that being said, I would say this is probably not the way to go. These finds tend to be people who came into some set or pieces one time, so you’re not cultivating a relationship for the next sale. It generally doesn’t provide a ton of goodwill on here, and it’s just kinda expected. So it equates to either be kind to others and a good member, or make some $.

Tl;dr: Being "nice" definitely seems to be -EV

Last edited:

I agree, but the "appraiser" obviously didn't offer her $350-$450. If that person would've said, "you are undervaluing what you have. It's worth $350-$450 to the right buyer...I'll offer you $300" that would be different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom