Anyone Murder CPC Rounders Replica chips? (1 Viewer)

turboj623

Flush
Reaction score
I recently received a Teddy KBG dealer button and have two other rounders dealers buttons on order, so I figured that a $25 investment justifies spending several hundred dollars on some CPC Rounders Replicas. I know CPC has the lower denoms but I was thinking about getting the 25, 100, and 500 denoms to relabel to lower denoms. I was just wondering if anyone has removed CPC labels, and how difficult it was to do it? Any feedback is appreciated!

The labels pop right off, takes just seconds. They are almost a joy to work on because it is so easy.

I use an exacto knife and cut at an angle into the middle of the chip then gently pry up. You will see the glue residue underneath is only a small circle in the middle of the inlay so there isn't much holding them on.

Um, would you not be able to just order the kind of chips you want, with the Rounders artwork? Sure the wait will be longer for customized chips, and a bit more expensive (or maybe not, labels cost money too)… I know people murder chips left and right these days, but no label is equal to a pressed inlay.

The labels pop right off, takes just seconds. They are almost a joy to work on because it is so easy.

I use an exacto knife and cut at an angle into the middle of the chip then gently pry up. You will see the glue residue underneath is only a small circle in the middle of the inlay so there isn't much holding them on.
That's great to hear! Thanks for the feedback Matt!

Um, would you not be able to just order the kind of chips you want, with the Rounders artwork? Sure the wait will be longer for customized chips, and a bit more expensive (or maybe not, labels cost money too)… I know people murder chips left and right these days, but no label is equal to a pressed inlay.
I probably could, but then I have to wait for the mold to come into the rotation. CPC keeps the chips in stock and I can get them shipped to me quickly. So the turnaround time on the project would be quick. I also plan on getting a custom CPC set made here soon, and I would rather put more time and effort into that set instead of this project. But i'll email David and see what he has to say about it. Never hurts to ask.

I probably could, but then I have to wait for the mold to come into the rotation. CPC keeps the chips in stock and I can get them shipped to me quickly. So the turnaround time on the project would be quick. I also plan on getting a custom CPC set made here soon, and I would rather put more time and effort into that set instead of this project. But i'll email David and see what he has to say about it. Never hurts to ask.
If you need it fast and aren't picky about the mold, I think the A-mold and maybe one other are always in, so that cuts production time down to about 4 months

If you need it fast and aren't picky about the mold, I think the A-mold and maybe one other are always in, so that cuts production time down to about 4 months
For the rounders replica, I don't really care about the mold. I probably should email and ask how long a semi-custom set would take to create. Luckily the theme of my custom set will also work with the A-Mold, so I might get lucky and won't have to wait as long as the others.

I recently received a Teddy KBG dealer button and have two other rounders dealers buttons on order, so I figured that a $25 investment justifies spending several hundred dollars on some CPC Rounders Replicas.
That sound :sneaky::sneaky: totally justified, much more than most reason to get another set

That why people make MTT and having 2400 chip size set

I recently received a Teddy KBG dealer button and have two other rounders dealers buttons on order, so I figured that a $25 investment justifies spending several hundred dollars on some CPC Rounders Replicas. I know CPC has the lower denoms but I was thinking about getting the 25, 100, and 500 denoms to relabel to lower denoms. I was just wondering if anyone has removed CPC labels, and how difficult it was to do it? Any feedback is appreciated!
Oh yeah, these are easy. I used some to make bounties for an existing CPC set. Turned out great.

I thought I heard someone recently say that they were currently out of stock on the Rounders CSQ mold. When I did an add on about a year ago they were also out on certain denoms.

I thought I heard someone recently say that they were currently out of stock on the Rounders CSQ mold. When I did an add on about a year ago they were also out on certain denoms.
The website says the 50c, $5 and $100 CSQ are out of stock until October.

The website says the 50c, $5 and $100 CSQ are out of stock until October.

as someone patiently waiting on a custom CSQ order, i have serious doubts the rounders CSQ will be back in stock in October. that was probably last updated months ago.

I think the website update was not more than a month ago...the $5s were out during the summer, but it was only recently that the 50c and $100 were added to the “out of stock” list.
Here’s hoping your CSQ set is up soon.

I think the website update was not more than a month ago...the $5s were out during the summer, but it was only recently that the 50c and $100 were added to the “out of stock” list.
Here’s hoping your CSQ set is up soon.

i agree, this is a situation in which i would LOVE to be wrong!

I had a set of asm chips whereas the labels/stickers/inlays popped off easily with my fingernails. I forget what mold it was but it did make me wonder if every mold uses a press inlay or if some molds use stickers applied after pressing? It could have just been a weird set of circumstances (like the ill-fated adventures of prior ownership) but they literally fell off the chip with little effort.

I'm afraid to ask the question for fear of the pitchfork.

Yes, I have heard that inlays on CPC/ASM chips do come off quite easily. They probably just use a lot less epoxy behind their vinyl than others.
I don’t think there is any epoxy with CPC. I think the inlay is held in place by the pressing process.

I thought I read somewhere recently that they were out of stock on Rounders chips, could be wrong on that though.

I thought I read somewhere recently that they were out of stock on Rounders chips, could be wrong on that though.
The CSQ version of a few denoms was out of stock for a while, but is currently in according to the CPC web site.

I don’t think there is any epoxy with CPC. I think the inlay is held in place by the pressing process.

If you look closely you can see the residue left behind after the inlay is popped out. I noticed this on every inlay i removed.

20190915_080559.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom