Anyone managed to find a way to lock an Apache (or similar) case? (1 Viewer)

QuadNines

Pair
Reaction score
I've searched for and read a LOT on here about using Apache or Pelican or similar ABS cases.

My question is whether or not anyone has tried putting a lock on these?

From pictures I've seen, it APPEARS that when closed, the lid overlaps the base section at the corners, and MAYBE (??) there's room to drill a large enough hole through those corner ears of the lid, and through the base corner section - allowing someone to put a padlock through it?

Maybe that overlap is smaller in person than the pictures make it appear...?

Interested to hear what you long-time Apache case owners might think. I may run over to harbor freight and see on in person. If I go that route and am able to make a lock work, I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested.

If anyone has any better ideas for locking a case such as these, please advise...! I am only looking for a lock that would keep an opportunistic thief out - not for one that might otherwise stop a determined safecracker...!

Thanks!

They come predrilled with reinforced holes for locks to go in. I’ll get you a picture in a second

Last edited:
They literally have metal reinforced lock holes right in front next to each latch…
1996BD6C-C8F1-4801-A81D-87D799E53E17.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom