Anyone learning more about their fellow home game players from playing online with them? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm someone who just plays live poker with the same group of guys all the time. Unfortunately for me, my memory is really bad, so it's really hard for me to even pick up simple tendencies of players that I'm sure most of the guys in our group have known for years. It's not a huge deal because poker is mostly a social thing for me, but I would like to get better. We are going to start playing online together soon. I was thinking that I could take advantage of this to start taking notes of people's play as we are playing. Has anyone else thought of doing this? What is a good method of actually doing this?

I'm finding that I have a better idea of what they're up to, just by sheer volume. We're playing well over a hand per minute. I don't use notes or any of the fancy tracker stuff. We get the chance to play SO MANY hands that I just have more info. And so, my results have been better.

My advice: just pay attention, there's plenty of exploitable stuff on display.

Sure.. You play more hands and you have tools for making statistics.. Live tells are overrated, on the other hand I know at least few people that play different style live than online.

I'm finding that I have a better idea of what they're up to, just by sheer volume. We're playing well over a hand per minute. I don't use notes or any of the fancy tracker stuff. We get the chance to play SO MANY hands that I just have more info. And so, my results have been better.

My advice: just pay attention, there's plenty of exploitable stuff on display.
I understand that. My problem is that my mind is not capable learning too much by just paying attention. I know the vast majority of people are not like me. Looking for any tips that anyone has to help the less fortunate like me. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom