Anyone know anything about these chips (1 Viewer)

Great Score and meanwhile my Facebook Marketplace are selling an used 1000 chip set Milano at $600

People are Dumb Greedy Bad Unfamiliar at pricing

1639982125872.png

I'm with @upNdown down on this one. Someone (not me) loves this hotstamp and would be ecstatic to have at least a large subset of this find as a playable matched set. Stuff like this is rare. Rare doesn't necessarily mean valuable - most people here would probably look at the hotstamp, think "eh, whatever" and just consider it milling fodder. But it's probably valuable to the right person, someone who appreciates interesting and unusual stuff, someone who would be excited at having a unique set - since this was probably one person's custom set and probably no one else ever ordered one like it.

When did Paulson stop selling to the home market?

This kind of looks like a set someone got for a large tournament, so maybe it was a church or civic group and they just never got around to putting them in play? But tournaments probably weren't very common until the poker boom, right? Most of the old civic group chips (BPOE, etc) are cash... I mean, technically these are cash chips as well since they have dollar signs, but cash sets usually have quarters and ones (and dimes and nickels)...

Holy hell, nice find! I would just echo @upNdown in that I would bet on the over as to the initial estimations. I'd also note that I'm interested in these, but honestly, who isn't?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom