Anyone know anything about these chips (1 Viewer)

glam

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am fairly new to the chip world.
I recently purchased these poker chips on Facebook marketplace but don't know much about them. I mean I know they are tophat and cane and that they are hotstamped but does anyone know anything else about them or ever seen them before here and what the average value per chip is?

These chips look brand new to me and not played.

Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211217_162421.jpg
    20211217_162421.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 20211217_162519.jpg
    20211217_162519.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 20211217_162611.jpg
    20211217_162611.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 310
The lime greens are nice. Maybe $2-$2.50/chip. The blacks and blues prob $1-$1.20/chip
Thanks for the info @joeyshin. Have you seen them before? I havent seen the hotstamp of a horseshoe before. Were these from a particular year?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info joeyshin. Have you seen them before? I havent seen the hotstamp of a horseshoe before. Were these from a particular year?

I have seen horseshoe stamps before. Although I think they may be different. Or maybe since yours are clean fully intact stamps. They usually just get lumped with other solids and starburst. But yours have denoms which I don’t think I’ve seen much of.

I know @FordPickup92 likes anything equestrian so she might like these.

I think they’re cool but most buyers will just mill and label them

I'm thinking these are probably a personal set from back when Paulson would sell to the home market. Generally when you see solids like this with initials or other simple hotstamps that seems to be the most likely answer, however someone else may recognize these and have better info.

I have seen horseshoe stamps before. Although I think they may be different. Or maybe since yours are clean fully intact stamps. They usually just get lumped with other solids and starburst. But yours have denoms which I don’t think I’ve seen much of.

I know @FordPickup92 likes anything equestrian so she might like these.

I think they’re cool but most buyers will just mill and label them
Thanks again @joeyshin. I will reach out to @FordPickup92

Last edited:
Minty THC's are always worth around $1/chip to start, I'd imagine more for those (lime?) greens.

Probably just a home game set from Paulson, from back when they offered chips to the private market.

Those are freaking awesome and I’ll take the over on @joeyshin price estimates.
People toss the word “minty” around quite a bit. But those look possibly dead mint to me. More importantly though, you actually have a playable set there - you can run a single table tournament with those, as is.

I think the price ranges given by @joeyshin are pretty accurate. The blacks are the least valuable and the greens are probably the most valuable. If you had a full playable set, that could increase the value because the hotstamp is decent enough that someone might just leave the set as is. If you only have a rack of each, they will likely be milled and someone will relabel them.

I think the price ranges given by @joeyshin are pretty accurate. The blacks are the least valuable and the greens are probably the most valuable. If you had a full playable set, that could increase the value because the hotstamp is decent enough that someone might just leave the set as is. If you only have a rack of each, they will likely be milled and someone will relabel them.
Thanks @chicubs1988

I have a total of 2400 chips

This is the breakdown

5$:12 boxes = 1200
25$: 9 boxes = 900
100$: 3 boxes = 300

I am not sure if I want to sell just yet.
If I do, I would want to sell them all at once and not breakthem up. Possibly I would consider trading them as well.

Thanks @chicubs1988

This is the breakdown

If I do, I would want to sell them all at once and not breakthem up. Possibly I would consider trading them as well.
Damn! Nice score!

Thanks @chicubs1988

This is the breakdown

You scored 9 racks of mint lime green THC's on FB Marketplace?!!!!

Please tell me you spent 20¢/chip for all of them. :D

You scored 9 racks of mint lime green THC's on FB Marketplace?!!!!

Please tell me you spent 20¢/chip for all of them. :D
This hobby’s gotten itself all confused. He’s got 24 matching racks of gorgeous hot stamps, in very (almost perfect) playable amounts, tournament-wise, and all people see is the lime green. Bright colors. Crayola puke. God help us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom