Anyone know anyone who has done a DIY backyard putting green? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
So, we are removing a 15'x30' above ground pool in the back yard. I'm figuring it would be a perfect opportunity to put in a small putting green with artificial turf. The area is already flattened and level with sand under it. It would have to be a DIY project, I can't spend big money on it. Has anyone done this, or do you know someone who has done this? Would love to know what to consider or watch out for. Thanks.

Hmmm... I know it's not a popular thing, but I thought somebody would have some experience to share?

Check out thelawnforum.com. I've been on there for last 4-5 years when I decided to start doing my own fertilizing with my lawn.

Specific to your topic though, I did a quick search for "putting green" and found this, I'm sure there are many others and feel free to start your own topic with specific questions. People are always willing to help out.

Putting Green: https://thelawnforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33940&hilit=putting+green

Good luck and keep us posted with pictures!

And I just realized you said "artificial turf" but I think there is still quite a bit of information in the prep work that is done from that post and others.

And I just realized you said "artificial turf" but I think there is still quite a bit of information in the prep work that is done from that post and others.
Yeah, I can't even keep my normal lawn looking good, nevermind putting green good! Way too expensive too. Interesting reading though!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom