Found Anyone in Canada done with their ultrasonic cleaner? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigon

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
(like that could ever happen)

I'm looking for the 6L ultrasonic cleaner with 180W ultrasonic power that most people get (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainle...trasonic-Cleaner-Heater-w-Timer-/282017449661), or something similar.

The only eBay listings that seem willing to ship to Canada have an up to 30 day wait time due to them being shipped overseas from China. I'd rather have it in the next week or so. If you have an ultrasonic just sitting there collecting dust, let me know!

(like that could ever happen)

I'm looking for the 6L ultrasonic cleaner with 180W ultrasonic power that most people get (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainle...trasonic-Cleaner-Heater-w-Timer-/282017449661), or something similar.

The only eBay listings that seem willing to ship to Canada have an up to 30 day wait time due to them being shipped overseas from China. I'd rather have it in the next week or so. If you have an ultrasonic just sitting there collecting dust, let me know!

I'll be picking mine up from Cabella's in Moncton in two weeks!

I'm not from Canada (nor selling a cleaner), but I just bought one from the seller unbeatablepricesale on 7/9 for $107. Listed as shipped today but says 7/18 delivery. Tracking info shows no progress.

Since it's a Chinese product, not sure of the quality, but the specs seem decent (same one OP listed). I'm not using it a ton, and since the price was reasonable, figured I'd give it a shot.

Last edited:
I'm so tempted to buy another one. The model I have (not the same as the ones linked) cost way more, doesn't have the bottom-drain, and doesn't seem to work terribly well. I never get anything close to the kind of results other PCFers have described. I mean, it works, kinda, but not nearly as effectively as it seems like it should. I believe the only difference between what I'm doing compared to ski_ex5's original instructions is I'm not using distilled water. For one thing, I live in the lower mainland of BC, which has some of the best/softest water in the world right out of the tap. For another thing, as soon as you've dissolved a bunch of sodium metasilicate and cleaned your first batch of chips -- i.e. putting god-knows-what-else into the water -- I can't see how distilled water would provide any benefit any longer. Maybe I'm misguided in that thinking?

Even so, for $185 shipped I'm tempted to blame the machine.

I'm so tempted to buy another one. The model I have (not the same as the ones linked) cost way more, doesn't have the bottom-drain, and doesn't seem to work terribly well. I never get anything close to the kind of results other PCFers have described. I mean, it works, kinda, but not nearly as effectively as it seems like it should. I believe the only difference between what I'm doing compared to ski_ex5's original instructions is I'm not using distilled water. For one thing, I live in the lower mainland of BC, which has some of the best/softest water in the world right out of the tap. For another thing, as soon as you've dissolved a bunch of sodium metasilicate and cleaned your first batch of chips -- i.e. putting god-knows-what-else into the water -- I can't see how distilled water would provide any benefit any longer. Maybe I'm misguided in that thinking?

Even so, for $185 shipped I'm tempted to blame the machine.
If you do get a new one and are planning to pick it up in the US, please order another one for me!

Just started thinking about getting a cleaner too. Had no idea Cabelas had them. I'm 2.5 hrs away from the Moncton Cabelas and am up there often enough.
Are these all created equal?

From what I've read no. You want a unit with as much ultrasonic power relative to capacity as possible. Some older units and the Hornadys at Cabelas have less power, supposedly, than the newest 6L units all over eBay. Since the Hornady is only 3L and I'm not sure what the ultrasonic power on it is, it might actually be stronger, though it would take you longer to clean your chips. The drain valve seems to be a useful feature too.

Going to pull the trigger on one of these soon, if anyone in Canada would be interested in a slightly used machine in a month or so.

Ouch @ the shipping cost by USPS.

One more try. Anyone got one?

Since asking one seller about Canada shipping all the rest at that price that previously showed the option are gone (looks like they have a ton of shell accounts). There's a couple sellers that ship by the eBay global program- I won't deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom