Anyone having USPS issues shipping chips recently? (2 Viewers)

In all my years of shipping and receiving for business, I can attest that, if my business depended on shipping, I'd rather send my items by carrier pigeon than the USPS.

Start tipping the mailman

No way to tip the entire USPS operations chain.

Every company I've worked for looks to cut shipping costs and increase profit eventually by using SurePost or SmartPost (You ship via UPS or FedEx, get a tracking number, but USPS handles the deliveries) to ship their customer orders, then instantly regret doing it because the delayed time in transit, losses, damages and impossible claim procedures add replacement costs and refunds to the expense sheet, newly-wasted customer service agent time kills efficiency, new headaches develop where none used to be trying to follow up on unpaid claims... For us to use the service in our daily life is doable, with precautions taken. For business, its just not viable if you mail more than 10 packages a day.

First time I posted about an issue such as this but this one was too shocking not to. Received a purchased packed inside of a SFRB that had added protection by way of Padded Priority Envelope. I was really surprised at how far this person went to not only open the packaging but, in the end, leaving all the contents inside. Mind blowing really.

This bastard not only cut open the padded envelope, but also ripped open the box, then proceeded to rip off the tape on the canister. Didn't like what he saw and left it all in there. I've yet to find out if the writing "Received Damaged" was made by the post office at their facility or by my mailman. I'm going to ask him tomorrow. If I receive this without that writing, I just assume that someone peeked inside of my mailbox then put everything back. The fact that it had that written on the outside indicates that it was more than likely a USPS employee. Pretty disturbing and I didn't think that I would witness some of the recent stuff that others were reporting. Granted, I dodged a bullet and the goods were received, meanwhile others were not as fortunate and received empty packages or none at all.

In summary, even when something is packed very well in order to protect its contents, it seems like people can still have enough determination to get into the core of the package. I used to be against using a bunch of packing tape on the SFRB that's placed inside of the padded envelope, but after seeing this, I'm going to make sure it covers as much of the box as possible in order to make it really difficult for someone to just rip it open. Recommend that others do the same. Heck, we might as well tape up the outside of the padded envelope as well. Going to go through more tape, but much better than letting some prick rip right through it.

IMG_0896.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0899.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom