Anyone Have Experience with Murder Hornets?

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The absolute terrors and horrors of continue. Does anyone have experience with these large guys? Is there an actual reason I do not want to look for and try to eradicate them? And lastly has anyone had a similar experience?

I didn’t even know what these were, it’s not really in my news cycle. Have never seen one. Putting my son down to bed, he says look dad! And there was something that belonged in a hellscape. I sent him out, opened the window, once it flew out he went to nap. Later on a work call, one flew in a different bedroom window. Same thing.

Then I go downstairs, as my wife sent children upstairs. I said what’s up, she said murder hornet in the curtains. Whatevs, I’ll check. Yup, ginormous guy with that unmistakeable face. No good picture because wife is getting nowhere near the damn thing.

And here in is why I’m asking if anyone has experience. He eventually flew out the wide open sliding glass door, to which we immediately shut. And then I kid you not, this fucker tried breaking down the door, and the sliding glass door nearby. Repeatedly ramming for two minutes, until he settled up in a crevice of sliding door where we cannot see or reach.

And we live in a veritable fucking forest treehouse garden. Is there an actual reason why I can’t buy some insecticide and hunt these bastards down? Possible it was just one lonesome guy, or did for some reason our house become target number one overnight? Can’t get ahold of anyone, French chippers recommend anyone that services Saint Remy les Chevruese area?

053EF5EC-8248-40AB-9AD1-35BA02E9D48E.png

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mantis are bad-ass cool as hell. And they actually do make great pets.

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This feels about right. I literally don’t think my wife is gonna make it 6 more weeks here. She’s one more incident away from going to the airport and leaving me with the kids for a month and a half.
Yes. Specially if your in a spot for the June Crab People....

Flooding = Crab people. Just sayin...

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow they might have been introduced to Washington State. Invasive species, so authorities are looking for ways to eradicate them. And no, they don't murder people, they murder bees.

HeWhoWouldPun

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which cosmic entity/deity/karma/any-belief-system did you piss off? Between personal belongings not making the move, flooding, and now murder hornets, you are having a pretty awful run.

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which cosmic entity/deity/karma/any-belief-system did you piss off? Between personal belongings not making the move, flooding, and now murder hornets, you are having a pretty awful run.
Lol that’s just the public side. I’ve definitely been in worse situations, not complaining, but it’s definitely up there with our worst run bad.

Ah, you missed the pickpocket taking off with id and wallet night before flying to US meetup.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really a murder hornet, do you think?
Terrifying!

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really a murder hornet, do you think?
Terrifying!
100%. First two times I just stayed away figuring some giant wasp/hornet.

When my wife called me down and it was just sitting in the curtains, from a foot away it was pretty unmistakable with the face and pincer looking things.

If it wasn’t for it being hyper aggressive and us not knowing if kids are allergic, I’d say it looked pretty darn cool.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%. First two times I just stayed away figuring some giant wasp/hornet.

When my wife called me down and it was just sitting in the curtains, from a foot away it was pretty unmistakable with the face and pincer looking things.

If it wasn’t for it being hyper aggressive and us not knowing if kids are allergic, I’d say it looked pretty darn cool.

time to burn the place down!!

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just pick up a praying mantis mask from the Halloween store and he'll buzz off when he sees you coming.

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just pick up a praying mantis mask from the Halloween store and he'll buzz off when he sees you coming.
Barrie, wearing said mask. Colorized 2020.
screen_shot_2018-06-12_at_7.27.33_pm.jpg

Goldfish

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The absolute terrors and horrors of continue. Does anyone have experience with these large guys? Is there an actual reason I do not want to look for and try to eradicate them? And lastly has anyone had a similar experience?

I didn’t even know what these were, it’s not really in my news cycle. Have never seen one. Putting my son down to bed, he says look dad! And there was something that belonged in a hellscape. I sent him out, opened the window, once it flew out he went to nap. Later on a work call, one flew in a different bedroom window. Same thing.

Then I go downstairs, as my wife sent children upstairs. I said what’s up, she said murder hornet in the curtains. Whatevs, I’ll check. Yup, ginormous guy with that unmistakeable face. No good picture because wife is getting nowhere near the damn thing.

And here in is why I’m asking if anyone has experience. He eventually flew out the wide open sliding glass door, to which we immediately shut. And then I kid you not, this fucker tried breaking down the door, and the sliding glass door nearby. Repeatedly ramming for two minutes, until he settled up in a crevice of sliding door where we cannot see or reach.

And we live in a veritable fucking forest treehouse garden. Is there an actual reason why I can’t buy some insecticide and hunt these bastards down? Possible it was just one lonesome guy, or did for some reason our house become target number one overnight? Can’t get ahold of anyone, French chippers recommend anyone that services Saint Remy les Chevruese area?

View attachment 461249
We have an issue with them too, although not it the house. they come at night because they are attracted to our big backyard light. They slam into the house and windows as Long as the light is on. I brought out a bee expert who said that the nest could be up to half a mile away so there is nothing we could do - except turn off the light (that will be $125, please....awesome). However, if I turn off the light then the raccoons, fox and owl come. FYI, the owl is very cool. He eats the mice that come out into the yard because of the bird feeders. it’s like a planet earth episode in my back yard On any given night.

Top Bottom