Anyone have experience over-labeling WSOP cinci 36mm chips? (1 Viewer)

pipdenny

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I have some WSOP cinci 36mm chips on the way and I wanted to see if anyone has ever done an over-label job on these.

From what I can tell before having received them, these are in great condition, but I do know that there can only be a certain amount of wear on the face of the chip for them to accept a label without producing spinners.

I guess my main question is how to tell before purchasing labels that your chips are in good enough condition to accept an overlabel?
Maybe I could use feeler gauges to determine the depth of the recess? If i get label samples and determine that the depth is good enough, how can I be sure that all the chips will be this way?

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated as always!

These chips are in great condition. The poker room was only HS for ~3 years, and there were no tournaments for the first 6 months it was open.
Will take labels, no problem.

In the past I have had some with overlabels done by somebody else before I bought them. They looked fine, no issues I could see. No spinners.
You can usually tell by feel. But, generally speaking, I would only try overlabel on Excellent-to-Near Mint condition (Paulson) chips. You might be able to get away with Good-to-Very-Good condition chips, but it would really depend on how the chips were used. Value chips used in poker and other table games probably have better leeway for accepting overlabels because they wear mostly on the edges, which is why you see flea bites more often on them. Roulette chips, however, get scraped against each other very often, so will show wear on the mold/recess faster, and less on the edge so there should be few to no flea bites.

Should be no issues

20181229_161117.jpg

I have some WSOP cinci 36mm chips on the way and I wanted to see if anyone has ever done an over-label job on these.

From what I can tell before having received them, these are in great condition, but I do know that there can only be a certain amount of wear on the face of the chip for them to accept a label without producing spinners.

I guess my main question is how to tell before purchasing labels that your chips are in good enough condition to accept an overlabel?
Maybe I could use feeler gauges to determine the depth of the recess? If i get label samples and determine that the depth is good enough, how can I be sure that all the chips will be this way?

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated as always!
Just murder them!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom