Anyone have exotic poker chip denominations? (1 Viewer)

quintooo

Flush
Reaction score
Seems like the majority of people on this forum have poker chips in the form of dollars, euros, or pounds.

I haven't seen any customs with Japanese yen, Mexican peso, bitcoin...

Anyone have any of these exotic chips they have made? I assume Japanese yen chips are probably pretty rare because the people over there are addicted to pachinko/gacha and the yakuza probably run all the poker operations.

As an American weeb, I'd love to make some CPC or custom ceramics with Japanese yen denominations. Have everyone show up in a kimono and sandals, serve tea instead of alcohol, takoyaki instead of hotdogs, and throw on some Japanese folk music while we play poker. It'd also be sick to have a custom poker table but in the form of a kotatsu for maximum Japanese immersion.

My blackjack set has denominations in 5/6 languages:

jbceramic.JPG

Hard to see, but there's English, French, German, Spanish, and Chinese/Japanese on the sides with the silhouettes.

Where you born in Japan? What's the connection if not? I'm interested in the fascination to it

Where you born in Japan? What's the connection if not? I'm interested in the fascination to it
Na, I just have a mild obsession with the culture. I grew up watching a lot of "slice of life" anime because of my cousins, so I've always been interested. Of course, I would probably hate to work/live there because of work culture, but it's a great place to have a vacation!

Seems like the majority of people on this forum have poker chips in the form of dollars, euros, or pounds.

I haven't seen any customs with Japanese yen, Mexican peso, bitcoin...

Anyone have any of these exotic chips they have made? I assume Japanese yen chips are probably pretty rare because the people over there are addicted to pachinko/gacha and the yakuza probably run all the poker operations.

As an American weeb, I'd love to make some CPC or custom ceramics with Japanese yen denominations. Have everyone show up in a kimono and sandals, serve tea instead of alcohol, takoyaki instead of hotdogs, and throw on some Japanese folk music while we play poker. It'd also be sick to have a custom poker table but in the form of a kotatsu for maximum Japanese immersion.
I’ve seen a few awesome sets with the GBP but I forget who owns them.

I started Ghost of Tsushima this weekend. Digging these vibes. No octo in my takoyaki please :vomit: How
hotdog instead? :p

My god, this one is beautiful. Thai Baht is definitely a super cool currency!

I'm not sure if I like this one, however. The design feels too dull/hard to see? If I were to make a Japanese custom, I feel like I'd go with cherry blossoms, samurai helmet, or demon mask.

Gosh, now I want to start mocking up a design...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom