Anyone have any official Rounders KGB chips for sale? (1 Viewer)

thanks. Its worth a shot. I know matt is a poker player so I am sure he would not mind helping me out with this. Thats if he gets it of course
I cant see Johns fan mail being too large.

I also am contemplating sending the other two black aces to Ed Norton and possibly John Turturro. Or anyone else in the movie more suitable than Knish???

How about Famke

Should have sent the ace of spades (the river card he dealt)

And should send Matt the 8s 9s (his hole cards)

Mike

Should have sent the ace of spades (the river card he dealt)

And should send Matt the 8s 9s (his hole cards)

Mike
What i could do is put both red aces together with only one signed for teddy and have Matt sign the 8 of spades and put it along side the 9 spade for Mike's hand. Both winning hands for each of them

Sent using tapatalk!

uploadfromtaptalk1435247016869.jpg
Just got a little goodie in the mail now.. legit.

Sent using tapatalk!

Hopefully you don't mind the thread jack, but I think some folks might like to see these.

If you notice the KGB $500 inlay on the left is sepia toned. The other side of that chip is white like the other KGB chips.

Pffft. You're missing the Chesterfield $500 and the KGB $1 !!! :D

Nice chips. Makes me want to watch that movie again.

Here are the full sample sets. Not mine of course. Just had them in my image library from somewhere.

RoundersKGB1106468_1.jpg
RoundersChesterfield1106468_2.jpg

So I was just doing some random Internet searching and saw this. Translated it from French to English.
https://translate.google.com/transl...ic/188363-wts-teddy-kgb-5/&edit-text=&act=url

If you look at a closeup pic of the $5 KGB chip, does something look off to you? The font on the "5" looks different than the real ones. It doesn't have a serif hook at the end (as per the sample set pic H|Q and I posted) but is instead rounded.

Don't know what to make of this. Are there really fakes out there?

post-46051-0-17248100-1353688130.jpg

Pffft. You're missing the Chesterfield $500 and the KGB $1 !!! :D

Yeah. I know, and it's tilting me! Keep an eye out for me.

I don't think the QC was very tight for these at ASM, but you're right. That is definitely a different font.

I'm looking for one of the official movie prop KGB chips from the movie Rounders. Anyone have one they would be willing to sell? Please let me know.

Edit: I've been lurking here for a while and just realized I haven't posted yet. Hi everyone!
I have some to sell

Did a bit more digging, and it seems that indeed a "very similar" rounders KGB set was made. Check these out.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.clubpoker.net/forum-poker/topic/125007-teddy-kgb/&edit-text=&act=url

I think the bear looks more faded (gray instead of black), and for sure the font on all of the chips are different than the real Rounders KGB chips.

View attachment 13283View attachment 13284

It's my understanding that ASM/CPC authorized a few "tribute" sets over the years, either using a different colored bear graphic (there is a set out there with a brown bear instead of black), different font denoms, sometimes different denom colors (I've seen a set with black denoms instead of red), etc. This was all done intentionally by ASM/CPC to avoid any confusion with the tributes and the real movie prop chips.

Based on the look/style, I'm guessing these are authorized ASM Rounders "tribute" chips, but I cannot verify that. I'm sure some one here on PCF knows for sure.

FWIW, when I very first got into chipping (around early-2014), I emailed CPC to ask them about making a Rounders chip set for me. In a nutshell their response was, "sure, we can make them for you, you just need to change the inlay a little so it's not an exact replica." I probably have the email in my archive somewhere...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom