Anyone Familiar with Dead President Ceramics? (1 Viewer)

ChipSkylark

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the quality of Dead Presidents Ceramics from poker chip lounge. I love the design of these chips but at over a dollar a chip I'm not so sure I want to commit to a set of these just yet (fresh out of college and trying to keep things to a budget lol). Any feedback is appreciated
dead-presidents-custom-ceramic-poker-chips-center-crop-site.jpg

Go with @ABC Gifts and Awards for ceramics. Great customer service, high quality ceramics, a forum sponsor here, and local to you.

@RocAFella1 and I stopped by once, bought some things, and got to see the whole operation.

Edit: they’re in Antioch IIRC

Last edited:
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the quality of Dead Presidents Ceramics from poker chip lounge. I love the design of these chips but at over a dollar a chip I'm not so sure I want to commit to a set of these just yet (fresh out of college and trying to keep things to a budget lol). Any feedback is appreciatedView attachment 851358
I bought these Dead President chips back in Oct 2021. I liked the design a lot so I knew I was paying more than other places.

With that said their customer service is terrible. The chips came a couple weeks later than they said, and I had to email/call to remind them. They did come in and I really like the chips but a few of them came broke due to poor packaging. I emailed them multiple times to get replacements and they said they were going to send some but never did. Even if you call them no one ever answers the phone. The one time I did get someone on the phone it just sounded like a 2 person business that didn’t know what they were doing. It’s was only three chips I needed replaced but they were custom with initials, I just gave up on them.

I like the chips and so does everyone that plays with them but due to terrible customer service I would avoid them.

Attachments

• 05B5911D-3AE9-436A-9A66-6022194E00B9.jpeg
    05B5911D-3AE9-436A-9A66-6022194E00B9.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 189
  • D58BA5BE-AAD5-4E21-B6C2-F4CA4B0DE686.jpeg
    D58BA5BE-AAD5-4E21-B6C2-F4CA4B0DE686.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 231
I bought these Dead President chips back in Oct 2021. I liked the design a lot so I knew I was paying more than other places.

With that said their customer service is terrible. The chips came a couple weeks later than they said, and I had to email/call to remind them. They did come in and I really like the chips but a few of them came broke due to poor packaging. I emailed them multiple times to get replacements and they said they were going to send some but never did. Even if you call them no one ever answers the phone. The one time I did get someone on the phone it just sounded like a 2 person business that didn’t know what they were doing. It’s was only three chips I needed replaced but they were custom with initials, I just gave up on them.

I like the chips and so does everyone that plays with them but due to terrible customer service I would avoid them.
Against all of your fine advice I still bought a few of these chips aaaaaaand all I can say that their customer service is indeed spotty to see the least. I bought 50 $1 chips just to see if I liked them and the process of ordering, approving proofs, and shipping was very smooth only taking maybe 10 days total. For my next round I ordered 100 50c and 30 $5 chips and it's been over 5 weeks and they still haven't even shipped the chips. Very unusual and very disappointing

Against all of your fine advice I still bought a few of these chips aaaaaaand all I can say that their customer service is indeed spotty to see the least. I bought 50 $1 chips just to see if I liked them and the process of ordering, approving proofs, and shipping was very smooth only taking maybe 10 days total. For my next round I ordered 100 50c and 30 $5 chips and it's been over 5 weeks and they still haven't even shipped the chips. Very unusual and very disappointing
Keep emailing them, calling them. I reached out via their website contact us to get a hold of them. They are really bad at customer service but hopefully you get them. I begrudgingly put in another order last October cause I was running short on chips for my cash game, I did get them no issues, just took a while with bad service.

Does anyone have any thoughts on rough vs smooth on this set? Will a rough surface cause problems with the image?

I really like the design on this set but I'm a little hesitant because of a comments about the quality. I don't mind waiting a month or so.

Does anyone have any thoughts on rough vs smooth on this set? Will a rough surface cause problems with the image?

I really like the design on this set but I'm a little hesitant because of a comments about the quality. I don't mind waiting a month or so.
I would order a samples if they have them still. I went with the smooth style and love them. I have other chips that are rough and dont like them as much. Whenever we have new players at our game people always comment on how they love the chips. If you dont mind waiting and keeping on them about getting your order then I would say order them up after you get samples.

I bought a sample set of them. I liked the design but the colors were quite muted and the price is high for what they are so that deterred me from considering a full set.

Would love for someone to release a high resolution, high quality set with the fronts and backs of each denomination. But if we want to design like this, it's our only option for now.

I just received a sample pack of the Dead President set and a sample pack of the Dia de los Muertos set from BR Pro poker.

I will echo what most everyone else said here. The BR Pro poker set had colors that were definitely brighter and popped more. The Dead Presidents set looked a little more faded but not bad.

I really prefer the design of the Dead Presidents set so that's probably what I will go with. But they definitely looked better after I washed them in a solution of Dawn dish detergent and water.

Love the dead Presidents design buti can't deal with their customer service. They say some changes are free but then you gotta wait for them to come back to you, and for the price, the colors are just not deep enough.

Anyone else manufacturing the same design? Would love to get a set and plaques but refuse to compromise on quality for the price.

We put a $10 bounty on everyone’s head for our tournaments. I bought $25 of the $10 chips for that purpose. They're good. I wouldn’t want a full set of them. I prefer my Nevada Jack set I bought from BR.

IMG_2449.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom