Anyone else play on Fox Poker online or trust any other site? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Anyone else feel there's something off on the Fox Poker site lately? I don't want to be "that guy" but just today in PLO tourney

Idiot limps Q443 UTG and calls my pot raise, cause, you know, premiums. I have AKK6, flop 25K rainbow, he check-calls my pot bet which is essentially all-in and I block the shit out of him, spikes his miracle ace on the turn

Then another idiot raises in EP with KJ52, cause, you know, fucking premiums, and I repop him with AKKx and he stacks off and flops a 2 and turns a 2.

Heimeler gets it in with KKxx against my AAxx and turns his King.

Past few weeks it's been nothing but beats in the cash games too, setups, coolers, you name it.

I have KKxx, flop comes K88, I'm up against quads.

I have AAxx against 99xx on an A93 flop, he makes quads.

I have QQxx on a Q83 flop, guy calls with no pair and just a backdoor draw to go runner-runner straight (something like 4567)

I flop top two pair, run into bottom set. I flop all three pair, run into bottom set.

It's getting overly ridiculous at this point the number of beats and coolers lately. (puts on tinfoil hat)

These guys have been great about cashouts and all, but I just feel like something is off, and it seems more than short-term variance.

I love fox poker. Probably one of my favorite sites to play on.

One hand I had KJ52. I had nothing, but he raised and I decided I don't care about the money, I'm just going to out play the guy, I'm going to out play this guy, this hand, I'll re-raise. Yeah, he comes back over the top at me trying bully me like I'm some fucking tourist, I hesitate for like two seconds then I snap all in. He calls. I spike a 2 on the flop and another on the turn.

Also cashing out is super quick!

I love fox poker. Probably one of my favorite sites to play on.

One hand I had KJ52. I had nothing, but he raised and I decided I don't care about the money, I'm just going to out play the guy, I'm going to out play this guy, this hand, I'll re-raise. Yeah, he comes back over the top at me trying bully me like I'm some fucking tourist, I hesitate for like two seconds then I snap all in. He calls. I spike a 2 on the flop and another on the turn.

Also cashing out is super quick!

I should've laid down pre, it's what a pro like Johnny Chan in a limit poker game would do

So it looks like PokerFraudAlert back in early February talked about Poker Mavens on their podcast, which is software that Fox Poker and other sites use to run their rooms

And there is a hack someone sells that allows the creation of superusers who can see hole cards

One of the admins addressed this podcast shortly after it came out. But at the end of the day, the software can be manipulated by those hosting it, whether that is seeing hole cards or creating certain hand outcomes

So it looks like PokerFraudAlert back in early February talked about Poker Mavens on their podcast, which is software that Fox Poker and other sites use to run their rooms

And there is a hack someone sells that allows the creation of superusers who can see hole cards

One of the admins addressed this podcast shortly after it came out. But at the end of the day, the software can be manipulated by those hosting it, whether that is seeing hole cards or creating certain hand outcomes
If they aren't running the current version, I would avoid it.

I was playing on a site in a private club. I never trusted but did set up a private club for guys that typically play at my house. Everyone in club knows each other and I am open on everything. We get on zoom and it’s just like we all around the table. Any online poker is only as good a person running and playing in. So open for abuse without having to do much. Free to set up but cost a little bit if you go between 10-50 players. I’m under 15 and it’s just right. Friendly stakes but connects us while under stay at home.

Can you say Ultimate Bet?
I’ll be that guy Anthony. I have no problem telling anyone I wouldn’t spend one dime playing online poker. :tup:
Hope HR Tampa opens back up soon for you my friend.

This from the developer of Poker Mavens software:

...everyone should know this: a poker site is only as honest as the people who are running it. The software is irrelevant in that regard. The site owner is running the software on their own hardware. Even if they don't have the source code, they still have access to debuggers, memory scanners, packet sniffers, and other reverse engineering tools that they can install on their server to spy on or manipulate the hand results. This is true for every poker site in the world, from my software to PokerStars and everyone in between.

Also true for live games. A sketchy host will find ways to scam, no matter the platform.

This from the developer of Poker Mavens software:

...everyone should know this: a poker site is only as honest as the people who are running it. The software is irrelevant in that regard. The site owner is running the software on their own hardware. Even if they don't have the source code, they still have access to debuggers, memory scanners, packet sniffers, and other reverse engineering tools that they can install on their server to spy on or manipulate the hand results. This is true for every poker site in the world, from my software to PokerStars and everyone in between.

Also true for live games. A sketchy host will find ways to scam, no matter the platform.
Hell, I can get cheated by a cashier at the grocery store. The difference is the person attempting to cheat me has to pull it off face to face with me.
If someone is going to cheat me, I’d rather them have to get it by me in person than hiding from me off in cyberspace somewhere.
Just my opinion. I also played enough Galaga and Ms. PAC MAN growing up in the 80’s, looking at a screen for hours on end is just
B....O....R....I....N....G to me.
But if you have an itch, by all means, go and scratch it. :tup: I’ll be waiting till I can play live again.

yeah I saw the "I love fox poker" at the top and thought this didn't age well but you beat me to the punch. I took all my money off line last year. Something did seem off when I was last playing, not enough to say anything, I just stopped playing. So this isn't totally surprising. That video was super awkward, he really fucked up making it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom