Anyone else addicted to spicy food? (1 Viewer)

K ALL IN 9

Flush
Reaction score
Coming up second to my chip addiction is hot sauce! There's a YouTube show called Hot Ones that I stumbled upon a few months ago and ever since I've been hooked. If you haven't seen it the host interviews a celebrity/musician/athlete etc and during the interview they both eat progressively hotter wings. The Shaq episode is probably one of the best.

This is my small collection. As you can see the majority are habanero based which IMO has the best flavor profile then the Carolina Reaper, followed by the Bhut Jolokia (Ghost)

20190724_170947.jpg

Show me your collections of your favorites as I'm always down to try new sauces.

Me too. The best hot sauce I’ve ever had:

Bertie’s from Trinidad. Flavor and heat. Lots of heat. But great flavor.

391EEBB1-9CB5-4128-9930-CE2A91E3A7A2.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m also a chili head but haven’t tried very many hot sauces so I will be following this thread with interest. I have a hard time finding sauces that actually taste good and bring the heat. The few I’ve tried taste like burning plastic smells.

Unfortunately, the best habanero based hot sauce I’ve had was homemade so I have no pictures (nor recipe) to share.

Edit: I’ve had the kitchen staff of Indian and Thai restaurants come out from the back to look at me because when asked how spicy I want my food I’ve replied with “hot enough to make me cry”.

Last edited:
I put hot sauce on pretty much everything I eat.

1564016537891.png

My go to basic is Frank's Xtra Hot. Frank's standard is mediocre flavor sauce but the Xtra gives a nice kick and is good for when I'm not trying to burn my mouth.

1564016665926.png

Ass Kickin Ass Blaster is a good hot flavor sauce.

1564016711645.png

Dave's Ghost Pepper is my go to really hot sauce. I add a drop to most things I eat at home. More than a couple drops of this will hurt you.

These are my staples but at any point we have a bunch of novelty hot sauces in the house. Most never live up to the funny name though.

I also highly recommend Inglehoffer ghost pepper mustard.

1564017073904.png

If you make sandwiches a lot and love a burn this is a must. It is really good alone on pastrami or roast beef. I also make turkey and ham sandwiches for lunch and mix mayonnaise with it to make a ghost pepper mayonnaise to get my spicy kick.

My favorite is house-made. Two flavors pictured here, with some Chiles I acquired today to make the next round. We are almost out of the green (green bc the main pepper was pasilla in that batch, but it did include some scotch bonnets similar to pictured).

Also pictured some fermented Chiles in vinegar.

View attachment 314594
How long do yours last after making them? The homemade sauces I have made are at their peak for only a couple of days, and as I like to make them very spicy most ends up getting tossed.

I put hot sauce on pretty much everything I eat.

View attachment 314586

My go to basic is Frank's Xtra Hot. Frank's standard is mediocre flavor sauce but the Xtra gives a nice kick and is good for when I'm not trying to burn my mouth.

View attachment 314587

Ass Kickin Ass Blaster is a good hot flavor sauce.

View attachment 314588

Dave's Ghost Pepper is my go to really hot sauce. I add a drop to most things I eat at home. More than a couple drops of this will hurt you.

These are my staples but at any point we have a bunch of novelty hot sauces in the house. Most never live up to the funny name though.

I also highly recommend Inglehoffer ghost pepper mustard.

View attachment 314589

If you make sandwiches a lot and love a burn this is a must. It is really good alone on pastrami or roast beef. I also make turkey and ham sandwiches for lunch and mix mayonnaise with it to make a ghost pepper mayonnaise to get my spicy kick.

I hear good things about Dave's but have yet to try. I put hot sauce on pretty much everything too and if I'm not putting it directly onto my food I'm mixing it with mayo/ranch/bleu cheese and putting that onto my food

There's a YouTube show called Hot Ones that I stumbled upon a few months ago and ever since I've been hooked.

Same here. The first one I saw was with Aubrey Plaza. Turns out she is from Wilmington, Delaware. She did them all with not too much trouble. That Chef Ramsey dude a was sissy. LOL The Guy Fieri dude, no problem either.

Endorphin Rush is a solid sauce. I once dared my mother-in-law to eat a tablespoon of it. Fucked her night right up. I thought it was hilarious.

1121__85630.1516006863.jpg

Scorned Woman is one of my go-to sauces. Nice kick and great flavor.

1130-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Kudos to K all in 9 for bringing up Hot Ones. I have been watching this show for years and love it! I have started going around to all the local restaurants and ordering whatever their hottest wings are. It is a dangerous game. Sometimes they will have wings named something like insane reaper wings and they are really not that hot, and other places it is just their hot wings and they will light you up. I like spicy, but anything after and including the "da'Bomb" is pretty out of my league. I am not quite a Spice Lord. More like a Spice Middle Manager.

I hear good things about Dave's but have yet to try. I put hot sauce on pretty much everything too and if I'm not putting it directly onto my food I'm mixing it with mayo/ranch/bleu cheese and putting that onto my food

Try my Inglehoffer ghost pepper sauce + mayo suggestion before you try Dave's. It sincerely changed my life.

How long do yours last after making them? The homemade sauces I have made are at their peak for only a couple of days, and as I like to make them very spicy most ends up getting tossed.

This green sauce is still good three months later. As long as you use a decent amount of vinegar (which I love) it last for a long time.

This is my favorite base recipe. I use an extra slug of white vinegar, no garlic and whatever peppers I have on hand or look good at the market - usually not any bell peppers, but eg a pasilla pepper or Fresno pepper (the green and red pictured, respectively) for body. Aside from those peppers these two batches both had habeneros, scotch bonnet, and ghost peppers.

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/...ot-sauces/ti-malice-haitian-creole-hot-sauce/

Yeah I put that shit on everything. Hot ones is a great show. My brother had a collection of their house made sauces and I really enjoyed them. The Last Dab v1 was pretty dang spicy but had a nice taste to it still.

My favorite sauce is Secret Aardvark regular habanero flavor. Goes good on pretty much everything. Fantastic flavor and the perfect amount of spice for me.

Habanero-1200-1813.jpg

I've had a few different flavors of that Yellowbird as well and they are really good IMO.

I like Blair's death sauces, especially the Original Death Sauce. Great taste and not insanely hot. If you want a real ass burner they have Mega Death at 550000 Scoville and Ultra Death at 800000.

20190725_065128.jpg

Harissa paste anyone?
It do not score high in the Scoville scale but it's spicy and had good taste.
I like when I can still distinguish what I eat...

6191546003823-2.jpg

Otherwise; Wasabi, Horseradish and Dijon mustard (Dijon mustard is not any mustard)

fresh-wasi.jpg
gurney-s-vegetable-plants-13833-64_1000.jpg

Maille-Dijon__57080.1505717453.500.750.jpg

20 years ago i used to make my own hot sauce using roasted habaneros, jalapenos, and garlic.

if i tried to eat that today I'd probably die

This green sauce is still good three months later. As long as you use a decent amount of vinegar (which I love) it last for a long time.

This is my favorite base recipe. I use an extra slug of white vinegar, no garlic and whatever peppers I have on hand or look good at the market - usually not any bell peppers, but eg a pasilla pepper or Fresno pepper (the green and red pictured, respectively) for body. Aside from those peppers these two batches both had habeneros, scotch bonnet, and ghost peppers.

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/...ot-sauces/ti-malice-haitian-creole-hot-sauce/
Thanks, I am going to give this a try.

Kudos to K all in 9 for bringing up Hot Ones. I have been watching this show for years and love it! I have started going around to all the local restaurants and ordering whatever their hottest wings are. It is a dangerous game. Sometimes they will have wings named something like insane reaper wings and they are really not that hot, and other places it is just their hot wings and they will light you up. I like spicy, but anything after and including the "da'Bomb" is pretty out of my league. I am not quite a Spice Lord. More like a Spice Middle Manager.

My wife is always asking me why I put myself through the pain of eating spicy foods. I think it's wanting to test your own limits of how hot you can go.

I've never tried da bomb but I have a bottle of the chocolate plague (season 9, level 9) and that stuff is instantly hot once it hits your tongue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom