Anybody playing in the 2 day event at Mohegan Sun, CT next week? Anybody played one like this, there, before? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna go for it - I've never played a multi day event.
https://mohegansun.com/content/dam/mohegansun/PDF/poker/summer-showdown.pdf

It’s a two day event with 4 day one flights and then a day two. $200 entry, $50k guaranteed prize pool.
I wonder how many people will enter? They’d need 295 entries to avoid an overlay. Will there be a lot of rebuys and/or people entering multiple flights? I wonder what mix of players it will be? I’d expect with a high cash prize and a low entry, there will be a good mix of pros, regs, and idiots.

I’ve only played a couple of tournaments at Mohegan Sun, and they were both mid-week turbos, so if anybody’s got an informed opinion about what to expect, I’d love to hear it.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Anybody around here play events at Mohegan Sun?

I've never played their big tourney but I've been to FARGO and plan to return next year.

A small group from the weekly MTT I play in are going to Foxwoods in mid-August for their WSOP sponsored events.

I saw a lot of rebuys in the $300 re-entry tournament I played in earlier this year. I don't think you will find many pros playing in $200 multi day tourneys. (Whoop-de-doo on a $50000 prize pool.)

A small group from the weekly MTT I play in are going to Foxwoods in mid-August for their WSOP sponsored events.

I saw a lot of rebuys in the $300 re-entry tournament I played in earlier this year. I don't think you will find many pros playing in $200 multi day tourneys. (Whoop-de-doo on a $50000 prize pool.)
I mean I don’t think Daniel and Phil are showing up, I’m talking more about local grinder type pros? I dunno.
And yeah, I’m eyeing those WSOP circuit events at Foxwoods, too.

I guess I’m slightly worried about the thing filling up. I assume they’re doing this in their poker room, which isn’t huge. How many tables would they dedicate to this thing - 10?
I can only make the last day 1 flight, which I’d assume would be the busiest.
I guess I’ll just have to be there right when registration opens, to make sure I get a seat.

Mohegan usually sets up one of there function rooms for large tournaments. They won't cap the field. You will be alright.

Mohegan usually sets up one of there function rooms for large tournaments. They won't cap the field. You will be alright.
Thanks!
I just checked the clock on bravo and they’ve already got 80 people in so far, in level 4 of the first for four day one flights, so it looks like it will be a healthy field.

i started off playing like poop and had to rebuy. I managed to bag chips, but it wasn’t pretty. Out of 489 entries, I’m 71st of the remaining 94, with 13 bigs and an M of 5. Good news is my table draw isn’t awful.
But I’m gonna have to pick a good spot pretty quickly.
Average stack has 24 BBs with an M of 10, so I expect day 2 will start out pretty quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom