Any UK folks ordered CPC customs before? (1 Viewer)

kkcc98

Pair
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if any UK folks ordered CPC customs before, my questions are:
- how many chips were in your order?
- how much did delivery cost?
- how long did delivery (from payment to chips received) take?

Thanks!

Answers to the last of your three questions will massively differ - way more than a difference in chip counts might suggest - and hence be very confusing.

The wait time can be anything from two months to over a year (and that's for normal times with the factory working at 100% capacity) simply because they can't fulfill orders in the exact order they come in.

The last production step, where the mold is applied, is the culprit. Changing the mold in their machinery is very laborous, so they cannot just change it for every new order they make. Instead, they accumulate multiple orders per mold and then do a production run of all the orders that recently came in for that mold. If you pick a less-popular mold, you will wait longer. There is a cut-off though where they are forced to run a mold even if not enough orders have accumulated yet because the prepared material goes bad after a while.

There is one exception though - they have two presses, and in one of them, the 39mm A-mold is always mounted. All the other molds share the second press. Hence A mold orders tend to be quicker. But it is also the most popular mold.

Shipping costs can also vary as they do not only use one single carrier. If you choose USPS: Calculate with about $110 per Large Flat Rate Box you start (one of these fits about 800 chips). If your order is smaller you might be able to get away with a Medium Flat Rate Box which is about $85, but I don't know how many chips they'll be comfortable fitting into that.

In any case, don't forget you will have to pay at least VAT on your imported chips to your local authorities. There may or may not be an additional duty - I don't know what the UK has changed there since Brexit. For comparison purposes, the EU harmonized tariff schedule still lists this kind of goods at 0% duty, so all I pay is my country's VAT rate.

I’ve ordered a couple of sets. One on HHR (1,000 chips) mould took about 6 months. The other on DSQ (600 chips) took around 9 months. As has been said above the A mould is always on so lead times for that will be shorter.

For other moulds they wait until they have enough orders before they go ahead. They have a thread in the vendors section to let you know what moulds are up next.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/upcoming-molds.34416/

The last few packages I’ve received missed out on customs all together. No idea why, they just turned up. I think brexit is causing massive delays and they’re letting some stuff through.

Ah I see, just some side information I'm planning to order 500 plain chips on A mould with no inlays.

Ah I see, just some side information I'm planning to order 500 plain chips on A mould with no inlays.
Are you planning on adding inlays later? If not you might be able to get a second hand set from Spinettis. Also key west have plain COC chips that you can order. They have the key west inlay but you can pop it off easily.

Are you planning on adding inlays later? If not you might be able to get a second hand set from Spinettis. Also key west have plain COC chips that you can order. They have the key west inlay but you can pop it off easily.
Yes I'm planning to stick labels on in the future, and this custom has colours I designed and it's my first custom set as well.

If you order them without inlays, you cannot stick labels on them afterwards. There won't be a recess to place them into. You could of course mill them... but just getting them with an inlay right out of the factory is likely cheaper and also nicer.

If you ever want to change the artwork, you can still do that then. Rip out the original inlays and put labels in the recesses.

Yes I'm planning to stick labels on in the future, and this custom has colours I designed and it's my first custom set as well.
@Nex has covered this above but to re-emphasise, if you order chips without labels they won’t have a recess for you to add a label later. If you then add a label your chips won’t stack.

What I would advise (based on my own experience) is to get a label designed and send the artwork to CPC whenever you place your order. If in future you decide that you don’t want it you can pop the inlay off and replace it with a sticker. Much easier that having to mill out a recess at a later date.

If you know what colours you want let me know. I’ve got a CPC sample set and I can post pictures of your colours on here so you can see what they look like.

If you order them without inlays, you cannot stick labels on them afterwards. There won't be a recess to place them into. You could of course mill them... but just getting them with an inlay right out of the factory is likely cheaper and also nicer.

If you ever want to change the artwork, you can still do that then. Rip out the original inlays and put labels in the recesses.
I see, thanks for informing me. I'm trying to save as much as I can and I calculated there's at least 150 difference. Final year of college, what can I say, haha. Plus might be quicker too, idk.

You do have mold and color samples, do you? Because many CPC colors look drastically different on screen in the design tool.
Yup!

I’ve got a CPC sample set and I can post pictures of your colours on here so you can see what they look like.
That misses half of the point though. If you do not have the actual product at hand but look at a photo that's displayed on a screen, then you again won't really know for sure what you're getting. Screens frequently have noticeable color shifting. Barely anyone has a color-calibrated screen. And even then, the photo would also need to have proper color balance, which is usually not the case when it's taken with a camera on full-auto.

There is no shortcut past having an actual color sample set in hand.

@Nex has covered this above but to re-emphasise, if you order chips without labels they won’t have a recess for you to add a label later. If you then add a label your chips won’t stack.

What in would advise (based on my own experience) is to get a label designed and send the artwork to CPC whenever you place your order. If in future you decide that you don’t want it you can pop the inlay off and replace it with a sticker. Much easier that having to kill out a recess at a later date.

If you know what colours you want let me know. I’ve got a CPC sample set and I can post pictures of your colours on here so you can see what they look like.
Awesome! Thanks, my colours are bright white, light green, lavender, canary, charcoal. (I changed out the black chip in my picture.)

Attachments

• 20211024_151044.jpg
    20211024_151044.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 62
Remember that if customs do happen to charge you, they'll ignore the $ sign and charge you 20% in GBP i.e. a $1000 order will be subject to £200 VAT (lazy, thieving b&^%$*ds) :(

Awesome! Thanks, my colours are bright white, light green, lavender, canary, charcoal. (I changed out the black chip in my picture.)
Nice lineup. Key west might have those readymade. They’re on the vendor page on here.

Remember that if customs do happen to charge you, they'll ignore the $ sign and charge you 20% in GBP i.e. a $1000 order will be subject to £200 VAT (lazy, thieving b&^%$*ds) :(
ah yeah, I factored that in as well :confused

Actually, I'm looking back at my previous purchase I made from ApachePokerChips in December 2020.
I paid 320.9 USD for a chip set, which at the time my bank charged 244.35 GBP. The customs charge by Parcelforce Worldwide was 30.34 GBP.
If they charged me 20% for the US value of 320.9 then the tax paid should be around 64?
I'm a little confused, am I missing something?

Actually, I'm looking back at my previous purchase I made from ApachePokerChips in December 2020.
I paid 320.9 USD for a chip set, which at the time my bank charged 244.35 GBP. The customs charge by Parcelforce Worldwide was 30.34 GBP.
If they charged me 20% for the US value of 320.9 then the tax paid should be around 64?
I'm a little confused, am I missing something?
It depends on the value/classification declared on the package and the mood of the customs officer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom