Any thoughts on this chip set

surfik

Flush
Reaction score
Ceramic. If anyone has a good manufacturer of the clays we would gladly produce those. As of right now I only have a reliable ceramic manufacturer.
I would suggest denominations on the edges and change colors on 100 (black is boring, white or Grey would do better)

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with the denominations on the edges. I will post pics of the new edge work once the manufacturer lets me know it will actually work. On the 100 we wouldn’t be able to change it to white or grey because white is 1 and grey is 20

surfik

Flush
Reaction score
I agree with the denominations on the edges. I will post pics of the new edge work once the manufacturer lets me know it will actually work. On the 100 we wouldn’t be able to change it to white or grey because white is 1 and grey is 20
Too bad but I still like it

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I put this on another thread but we are looking at getting matching magnetic chip boxes. Here is the Prototype.
304D269A-060B-43B5-A8F3-BC878F05228B.jpeg
40919C05-3455-4B38-8726-0A00F4A1D903.jpeg

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the update on the chips. I think the first photo with the color around the edge looks better. Any thoughts?
1A89F813-37F4-4DC6-8F06-A41DF9DD2817.jpeg
A21C802A-C7C4-4966-916D-881161D90C49.jpeg

ekricket

Full House
Reaction score
With that much darkness you should check printer quality often. Those look like they are going to be blurry and murky after a few months of use, so many dark lines colored in with dark colors.

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
These have a blur to them due to the extremely gritty surface. We will reduce that for a clear image.

Chipenhagen

High Hand
Reaction score
The dark upper half of the denominations and the relatively dark background color conspire to make it difficult to easily read the value of the chip. Is the 3 a 3 or a 5... The choice of shape of the digit 3 exacerbates this. A round-top 3 would be better. Reading the value or even the color of the chip could be difficult in imperfectly lit circumstances. I think this set possibly takes the currency inspiration a bit too far. I think the chips need some areas with pure color - or generally much brighter colors.

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I 100% agree with the dark numbers. The question is what do we replace it with. Solid white seems plain. Maybe we could do likes like #3 or we could do a light grey into white?

Reaction score
I like the lined gradient you have on the numbers right now, but perhaps in stead of the gradient reaching black about halfway up the digit, could you just extend it to maybe the last 5%? Then you get more grey in the middle....if that makes sense :D

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I’ll try that. For whatever reason the color black fills in more than the other colors so whenever we go to print we never know how it’s going to go. To combat this we go with prototypes, prototypes and more prototypes.

TrainGamer

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I like the #2 face design with the extra color around the edge in the later revision. The type face of the numbers on the #2 design just rocks! Maybe take the gradient in the numbers to a light shade of gray on the top or just the same shade through out. I like the hatch pattern in the numbers. I prefer the rolling edge of the #3 design. You might consider a different hatch pattern for each denomination on the rolling edge.

Overall, very attractive. If you would consider offering samples, I'd definitely be interested.

Chipenhagen

High Hand
Reaction score

JZPdub

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Removed the gradient and redid the edge work. The 10 and 20 look great the other colors may need a small adjustment View attachment 494809View attachment 494810
I think that the background looks much better on the 10, 20, and 50 (and maybe the 3) than on the rest of the chips. Not sure if it's the lighting in the photo, but the design seems to get muted on the rest of the chips, and makes those chips look pretty plain (takes away a lot of the depth created by the design). If you could increase the contrast between the design and the background for the other chips, I think it would pop a bit more.

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Black and grey have the biggest print issues. Grey gets splotchy and black fills in which prevents using fine lines below 1pt. Any ideas on making the 1 and 20 more distinguished?

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more, some of the colors look muted. Once we get the prototypes in hand I’ll make the needed adjustments. I’m hoping it’s just the photo but either way we will stay after it until they are perfect.

LeGold

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could consider dropping the 3 (also because it is visually very similar to 5), then you could make 2 brown and 20 yellow.

Chipandchair

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This font certainly makes it difficult to distinguish at a distance. A person would have to rely on color. I am trying to work something out on that as well
Agree. I think the font and also the colors are too similar. Maybe a Teal or aqua colored 3?

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I think with teal and aqua you would be too similar to the blue and green. May make the 5 a brighter red. Having so many denominations it is a tricky getting all of the colors separated by a significant shade.

ODDSMAKER003

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Ceramic with a good grip. We would like to do a inlay eventually but so far we just haven’t found a good quality manufacturer

Top Bottom