Any recommendations for a fold up poker table? (1 Viewer)

A Chanman table will play better, be something to be proud of, and will hold its value a hell of a lot more.

My buddy's table was a full sized with solid base lit raised rail with topper. And 10 drink carts. And shipping was reasonable.

T Chan can you post a pic of what a CAD$525 look like? TY.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2610.JPG

6" rail, jumbo s/s cup holders, 3/4" plywood construction, padded rail with 1" HD foam, padded SSC playing surface with 1/4" closed cell foam, folding metal legs in black, brown or white. Your choice of SSC color. $525 for 8 player, $600 for 10 player (44"x96"), Add a custom cloth to either for $225.

This is my off the shelf model. No modifications allowed otherwise the price jumps to my custom prices. The only change I allow is if you want to omit the cup holders.

The offcut piece of the rail is added to the underside of the table to add support as a sub-base. This also adds weight so if you want it shipped it's up to you if you want it included or not. The tables are plenty sturdy without the sub-base. None of my rental tables I use have a sub-base.

View attachment 36735

6" rail, jumbo s/s cup holders, 3/4" plywood construction, padded rail with 1" HD foam, padded SSC playing surface with 1/4" closed cell foam, folding metal legs in black, brown or white. Your choice of SSC color. $525 for 8 player, $600 for 10 player (44"x96"), Add a custom cloth to either for $225.

This is my off the shelf model. No modifications allowed otherwise the price jumps to my custom prices. The only change I allow is if you want to omit the cup holders.

The offcut piece of the rail is added to the underside of the table to add support as a sub-base. This also adds weight so if you want it shipped it's up to you if you want it included or not. The tables are plenty sturdy without the sub-base. None of my rental tables I use have a sub-base.
hmmmmm. lol cloth color change possible?

Man, I think I might by one before the loony rallies... so tempting. What's the dimensions for the 8 player table? Any reason why 6" is the stock rail width instead of 5"?

42"x84" is the size for 8 player table. A 6" rail is the comfortable size to install jumbo cup holders into it. It's also the most popular size, about 95% of my tables have a 6" rail.

I helped a local poker player out with some chip design/table build contacts, and he is hooking me up. This table was used in a Phil Helmuth sponsored tourney (he holds a local charity event each year). It was built by a solid local builder who does great quality work. Granted, these aren't one of his top of the line lighted rail tables, but these are not bad... FOR FREE!!!!! :) Boom!

Buddy just told me he's going to give me one of these for my helping him out! He's also selling these locally for $150 each, and you can see he has a few in the background. The dealer trays come with the tables. I'm thinking this will be a decent "extra" table, in case I ever need a third table? A few of my poker playing neighbors are all snagging a table (for that price).

image.jpeg

I was just about the post the same thing.

My buddy Jason was all set to buy his custom raised rail table from a custom builder in Milwaukee (same builder as the table I posted just above), but after prompting, Jason checked into Tony's tables, and the exchange rates, and the price was almost too good to be true. Saved around $1000. Tony's work is second to none.

A chance to own one (or even play on one) is worthy of serious bragging rights. ;).

My wife is playing poker at Jason's as we speak (lady's "book club"). Ha ha. I have to wait until tomorrow for the guys to take their turn on the felt at Jason's.

So, sell your kidney, check your couch cushions, but scrape together the cash, and get a Chanman table if you can swing it.

A while ago I bought a table from Gorilla Gaming. I said I was going to do a review on it but I never did. I wouldn't have any reservations recommending these tables to anyone. Very sturdy and well built. You can choose your options and your price is updated live. If you're stuck between an octagon or oval, they have a pub table that's a small 8 seat oval. Many people say that you can get more table for the money by building it yourself, and that it's super easy to do, and it's probably true for many people. But if that's not an option I would at least check out their site at gorillagaming.net.

Did your table have the Chinese SSC? If so, how was the durability / quality?

42"x84" is the size for 8 player table. A 6" rail is the comfortable size to install jumbo cup holders into it. It's also the most popular size, about 95% of my tables have a 6" rail.
How much player space is that for 8 people, and for 10 in a pinch?

27" per player for 8 at that size table, 21.6" each for 10. We just had our bounties league game last night where we had 9 around 2 tables that size and nobody complained about space.

27" per player for 8 at that size table, 21.6" each for 10. We just had our bounties league game last night where we had 9 around 2 tables that size and nobody complained about space.
Very good. One last question - the custom gaming suede, is it water proof/resistant? Would a spilled beer ruin the cloth?

Any recommendations for a fold up poker table?

Make your own. @atomiktoaster has some great plans for an easy-to-build portable table-top design for around $150 that you can use with a sturdy folding table. Great option for those on a budget, or for a table that takes minimal storage space.

A while ago I bought a table from Gorilla Gaming. I said I was going to do a review on it but I never did. I wouldn't have any reservations recommending these tables to anyone. Very sturdy and well built. You can choose your options and your price is updated live. If you're stuck between an octagon or oval, they have a pub table that's a small 8 seat oval. Many people say that you can get more table for the money by building it yourself, and that it's super easy to do, and it's probably true for many people. But if that's not an option I would at least check out their site at gorillagaming.net.

Did you get the Chinese SSC? How is it?

Very good. One last question - the custom gaming suede, is it water proof/resistant? Would a spilled beer ruin the cloth?

Gaming suede is very water resistant. I have spilled full glasses of red wine on light tan felts without any sign that it was spilled after cleaning up. Liquids will bead on the felt, just soak them up quickly with a rag or paper towel and you're back to playing in no time.

Did you get the Chinese SSC? How is it?
I chose the premium SSC to get the color I wanted. The guy at Gorilla Gaming says that the standard (made in China) SSC is just as good, but then why would he say he has an inferior option. Grain of salt and all. So far, I'm very happy with the table. Miles above a topper or Wal-Mart table, not even in the same league. By looks, it's on par with BBO but I've never sat at a BBO table. Gorilla's are very sturdy with heavy duty folding legs and durable vinyl rail with good padding. SSC is stretched tight with thick padding. I don't have any reservations recommending them.

Chanman tables look very nice, but they're at another level beyond my means. When I can afford a custom table with real legs, raised and lighted rail, and custom felt, I'll be contacting Chanman. Gorilla was a good compromise for me.

Although, I do have an epic set of chips that I can sell to fund a custom Chanman table. But then I would need an epic set of chips to play on it. Damn catch 22!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom