Any problem/reasons against topper on taller table? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm in the process of choosing between a new poker table with a dining table cover, or having a table topper made that i'd place on top of my 60"L x 30"W x 42"H pub style table.

My gf and I live in the city, when we chose our current apt we sacrificed square footage in favor of location, amenities, newer construction, etc. We have a nice pub height table that we use both as an island and as a dining room table. It's still fairly new and neither of us want to get rid of it. We for sure wouldn't have room for both a poker table and the pub style table in our current apartment.

I had been working up plans to have a new poker table made and delivered in August when our current lease is up. However, going in to searching for our next place, and any subsequent place having to earmark space for both tables might put is in a less than adventageous position. However, storing a topper under the bed or in the back of a closet would be no problem.

My question is this -- how much would it tilt you to play on a table topper that was 42" tall? Obviously I'd get taller chairs so the table surface wouldn't be any higher than normal from when you're sitting down. What problems or issues might I run into? Has anyone tried this (and how did it work out)?

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

I played on a pub-style once. It was uncomfortable because my back is happier when my feet are on the floor. I imagine that taller people wouldn't understand. :tdown: First-world problems, I know.

There shouldn't be any issues playing on a taller table as long as you have bar height chairs. Chairs with leg rests would be ideal for comfort so that your feet aren't dangling.

Adjustable height would be a great solution, though sounds like OP wants to keep his pub table and add a topper. If OP is wanting a new table that's pub table height, then yeah a table could be built with linear actuators to adjust the height, even if it's just a few inches so that when the poker topper is on the dining table, it can be lowered so that the top of the rail is where the top of the table was.

The solution is hydraulic actuators in your table legs so you can adjust the height as necessary.
The idea might be feasible, though I imagine my girlfriend will object to me sawing through her table legs...
81A592B4-EA9C-4BD4-A09F-B9E534A79924.jpeg

I think you're looking at it the right way, fit the poker table into your life, not the other way around! Pub height table topper should be fine. As other people mentioned, I think the foot rests on the stools will be important.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom