Any idea what these are? (2 Viewers)

Coyotesetter

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I dig the case but I'm not sure what the chips are. Screenshot_20191112-234922_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20191112-235032_Facebook.jpg

They're diamond molds, but I can't tell if they're plastic super diamonds, or old Paulson diamonds.

You'll need a close up of the face and edge.

They're diamond molds, but I can't tell if they're plastic super diamonds, or old Paulson diamonds.

You'll need a close up of the face and edge.
Working on the close up pics. What would plastic super diamonds be worth? I'm trying to negotiate a price, and if they arent worth anything I would just take the case and save shipping the chips.

Many thanks,
Jody

If you get a close up pic of the face of side, look for an injection mold pip either on the side or in some of the diamonds.

Paulson diamonds are also much more diamond shaped and have a bit more space between them, while cheap Super Diamonds are almost squares, just tilted, and very close together, almost touching.

Pro tips to all the aspiring chip hunters out there who scan hundreds/thousands of ads daily:
  • Plastic chips are generally shiny and clay chips (especially ones that have been sitting in a case for years) are generally dry/dusty/chalky. If you aren't sure, always get close up pics.
  • 95%+ of the diamond mold chips you'll find listed online are plastic super diamonds
  • Color is also a consideration, but I'm red/green colorblind, so I'm no help there.
These are very chalky. I'd lean towards compression molded, but I'm not convinced. The edges look a little more rounded than I'd expect for clay chips (they could have seen some action though). The close up pic should show the injection dimple if plastic.

I agree they look like plastic. But I dont see injection marks. maybe an older plastic. Also I've seen alot of plastic chips in those same type cases. Alot of times I'm drawn in by an older looking case and they wind up being plastic super diamonds.

I agree they look like plastic. But I dont see injection marks. maybe an older plastic. Also I've seen alot of plastic chips in those same type cases. Alot of times I'm drawn in by an older looking case and they wind up being plastic super diamonds.
So, when I look at them, they just reminded me of the look of the bud Jones Grove Fracs I used to have. The sheen. Just look a bit more plastic then clay to me, but again, I'm an idiot.

Not regular modern super diamonds. Those are basically sideways squares. These are definitely diamonds. But that is not the Paulson diamond mold either. It looks like you found a third type of diamond chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom