Any disc golfers out there? (1 Viewer)

TonZaga

Straight
Reaction score
I played ultimate frisbee back in high school but games became few and far between a couple years after graduating. Made the move to disc golf back in May 2018. I've played about 25 rounds, mostly at a local course here. Anyone else relax with a round of disc golf every now and then?

Been playing for 30yrs.
Won some tournaments along the way and play several times a week. Austin is a discgolfer's dream.

For a few years I played daily, sometimes 2 courses in a day! I have played in MD (home state), PA, SC Myrtle Beach, VA, TN and 2 courses in Florida which were amazing... I wanted to play in Palm trees so I found a course and went... 1000s of palms trees everywhere, just watch out for water hazards, disc retrieval may cause confrontations with Gators... Better to play with cheap disc's you don't care about on those holes! Tennessee was also amazing throwing on the side of a mountain covered in mature cedar trees. Haha excellent work out, high level of skill and best of all totally free, what more could you ask for? Disc golfer for life!!

I was playing a few times a month about 4-5 years ago, but the frequency has dropped way down.

Been playing for about 6 years now. I live in the middle of nowhere and we only played with trees marked with tape or wooden/metal posts until recently when a new course got installed in a town 40 min away. We're finally about to get a course in town here also (knock on wood), just waiting on Forest Service approval as FS land is the only area that's big enough to build one.

One of the unofficial local courses:

Another unofficial course in a nearby town:

Shot of the new course in Bishop, CA

That is really cool! A bit too hot here right now for doing that outdoors. If I remember correctly, there is at least one indoor course here.

That is really cool! A bit too hot here right now for doing that outdoors. If I remember correctly, there is at least one indoor course here.
The Bishop course is too hot to play except for early mornings during the summer also. Temps are good where I'm at though.

Never heard of an indoor course. I'll have to remember to check it out the next time I'm in Vegas.

I haven't played for years but would like to get back into it. That might be a fun thing to do tomorrow with the kids! My son has only played disc golf on the Wii. He moved up to Boy Scouts recently and one of the guys in the troop rehabbed a disc golf course last year for his Eagle Scout project. It would be fun to go check that course out.

I played four or five rounds in the last ten years or so, but I was way more into snowboarding and regular golf to play much. I definitely liked it though, we have beautiful courses around me up here. Always good to get out for a walk in pretty places and catch a buzz. ;)

Just this summer I got my four discs out and me and a few buddies have been getting into it more and more. Cheaper than regular golf and we can get two, three, four rounds in in the time we could do 18. I still love regular golf but finding it harder and harder to play 18 as much.

One thing I love about disc golf is I've smoked my buddy every round we've played and he's a much better regular golf player than me so I get to talk shit for a few hours when we have the discs. That alone makes me want to play more. :)

I've also tried footgolf and had a ton of fun as well, Semiahmoo was doing it during the evening/night and it was a blast.

I try to go as often as I can. There's a decent DG course less than 5 minutes from my work where I go occasionally with a friend. Probably been 6+ years at least that I've been playing semi-regularly.

My dog in the back, a friend's in the front.
20180725_201755.jpg

My typical setup for any outing.
20170821_183020.jpg

Oh yeah forgot to mention, but since you’re new at it, the forums at dgcoursereview.com are a good source of info on technique and equipment.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, but since you’re new at it, the forums at dgcoursereview.com are a good source of info on technique and equipment.

I'm not too bad since I came from an ultimate frisbee background. I've already invested in a Zuca Backpack cart and everything :p

Yes sir! Mt. Airy and Idlewild both on my course bucket list
If you've never been, I recommend a trip to Oxford (Miami U.) Beautiful campus. Great course. Holes that twist through stone bridges. Big hills. Water hazards. A few really long ones. Good stuff! :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom