Antique Silverware Box (1000+ chips) (1 Viewer)

SendThatStack

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Picked this up at an antique store yesterday, fits my 1k cash game set + 3 poker size decks, 4 bridge size decks and 2 dealer pucks. Could be modified to fit more chips. It locks which I am super happy about.

IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG

Not sure if this is a concern but I would look into it. Silverware boxes often contain a chemically enhanced fabric to help prevent tarnish on silver. I don’t have a clue if this would have an effect on clay chips.

Some tarnish-resistant fabric is treated with special, non-water-resistant chemicals to prevent the silver from tarnishing.

Not sure if this is a concern but I would look into it. Silverware boxes often contain a chemically enhanced fabric to help prevent tarnish on silver. I don’t have a clue if this would have an effect on clay chips.

Some tarnish-resistant fabric is treated with special, non-water-resistant chemicals to prevent the silver from tarnishing.

Thanks for the heads up I will try to look into that. I dont think as configured that the fabric is touching the chips.

Silver just needs to be in the same enclosed space for anti-tarnish fabric to work. Can the fabric be removed?

Nice looking case!

Ya I should be able to replace it with felt. Just did some quick searches and it seems anti tarnish cloth is mainly (or only) just cloth that is impregnated with silver. The whole point of it is to absorb/neutralize gases in the air that can create tarnishing on silver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom