Giveaway Anti-April Fools’ Day Giveaway (Closes 11:59pm Pacific) (2 Viewers)

TheOffalo

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
While I can be as sarcastic and cynical as the next guy, I’m generally an earnest person and try to take people at face value. Consequently, I fall for April Fools’ Day jokes quite easily. But I guess I’d rather be that guy than someone who’s suspicious of everything today

To be honest, some of the jokes and pranks are funny and creative, but to “counter” all the fooling’ today, I am doing a giveaway, really!

To enter, give an example, large or small, of a kindness someone did for you. Doesn’t have to be chipping-related. If you really can’t think of anything, just mention this giveaway as a potential kindness. I want anyone who wants to enter to have a chance.

Enter by 11:59pm Pacific time and I’ll pick someone at random at midnight on April 2nd. I will send a sample set of New China Club cards mold chips to the winner, who just has to cover postage. Good luck everyone!

80DA5325-313C-42B0-A182-EF5F61EB81DB.jpeg

(Picture of the sample set taken from my last giveaway. Higher denom chips have the Keno Queen design on the back.)

Entries so far:

1. @RowlettTexasChipGuy
  2. @moose
  3. @bigblind
  4. @BlueChipSpecial
  5. @ChipRocker
  6. @inthehiggs
  7. @surfik
  8. @apocalypse2312
  9. @gopherblue
  10. @TheWhiteJZ
  11. @feltschmerz
  12. @BiGGyT
  13. @PokerLegend

Last edited:
In please.

Some examples of great folks here on the forum: 1) I accidentally miscalculated the PPG&S fees and overpaid someone for a set of chips. They immediately refunded the overpayment, even though I never would have known about it. It wasn't much (in terms of $), but I appreciate the honest nature of the transaction.
2) Got some great feedback about what to include/not include in the notes section of PP transactions.
3) Having the ability to give each other a hard time, tell (slightly) off-color jokes, and enjoy this community. It feels like this is becoming a rarity in the world, so I appreciate finding this group.

Thanks for the giveaway!

-BCS

In please,

In terms of people on the forum, too many things and it'd turn into a book already. What about kindness today? Well I had a tire shread on the way to work this morning (Wooo! Friday!) without warning. Was fortunate enough that about the time I got the widow maker and 4-way out, a gentlemen stopped and had a full size floor jack and electric impact wrench. Talk about making a bad morning a lot better... Not a bad way to start april fools. Now for a new set of tires...

in
not in
in
not in

or however I am supposed to answer in this date

I’ll count you in anyway but feel free to give an example of a kindness someone’s done for you.

In.

But I would rather let you know that if you are a fan of Star Trek, it was announced today that Voyager is to be released in a special edition,

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme...-edition-of-star-trek-deep-space-nine-voyager

That's NOT a kindness! :mad: But you're still in, I suppose. :oops:

In please,

I think I should be nicer to the people

This isn't the new-year-resolution giveaway! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: You're still in, but feel free to give an example of a kindness someone’s done for you.

Hm … here’s a good one. Once when I was playing poker, I c-bet with QQ on and A-high board. When the guy eventually called me down with an A, he kindly advised that I should ‘check back on that flop, bc you are only going to be called by better’. I do love when ppl are generous with advice at the table :)

I’ll count you in anyway but feel free to give an example of a kindness someone’s done for you.

That's NOT a kindness! :mad: But you're still in, I suppose. :oops:

This isn't the new-year-resolution giveaway! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: You're still in, but feel free to give an example of a kindness someone’s done for you.

I do not remember anyone being selflessly kind to me.... Count me out

In.

I have received discounts on chips from others because they know that I collect, not resell. I don't want to say who because they might not want others to know their prices are adjustable.

Thanks!
T

In
I was at a restaurant and a man overheard I was in the military and paid for my meal. He was a regular apparently, but I did not know until he had already left. Never got to thank him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom