Another "Who to Start" thread (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
PPR league

I need to start any two combo's of the guys below

NO's WR M. Thomas @ MN

GB's RB T. Montomery vs SEA

DET's RB Ameer Abdulla vs ARI

AT"s RB T. Colvin @CHI

TN's R. Matthews vs OAK

SEA's RB Rawls @GB

I currently have the two bolded players as the flex starters.

Thanks in advance

I'd swap Montgomery for Rawls or maybe start both. I usually like starting Brees' WRs but this group seems nondescript this year.

I dislike Packers RBs against the Seattle D. Rawls vs the Packers D seems like a nice matchup. Not sure the others get a ton of touches or vulture TDs.

What's the rest of your team if MT and Ty are flex considerations?

Thomas was likely your second pick in the draft, yeah? You can't bench him.

Ty would be iffy against Seattle if he was a straight runner but he's a former WR who is going to catch a lot of balls out of the backfield from A-A-ron. Particularly in PPR he's a starter as long as he's "the guy" in Green Bay.

Tevin Coleman can't be relied upon. He'll have big games here and there but he's #2 behind Freeman.

Rawls is one of four RBs, any of whom might be the starter by week 4. Absolutely no way to know if he will get six touches or the bulk of them.

Abdullah... over five leagues I have neither of Detroits RBs. Hate them both unless no other choice.

Matthews you'll likely drop in a few weeks unless Davis goes down. Too many targets on that team.

Tevin Coleman can't be relied upon. He'll have big games here and there but he's #2 behind Freeman.

I disagree. He played 13 games last season and averaged 15 points per game in a ppr format. And he still had useful production in all six of his below average games:
6, 8, 9, 5, 9, 9

Coleman is a steady, reliable producer who's been WAY underdrafted this season.

1. (3) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
2. (18) Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
3. (23) Michael Thomas (NO - WR)
4. (38) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)
5. (43) Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB)
6. (58) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
7. (63) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
8. (78) Ty Montgomery (GB - RB)
9. (83) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
10. (98) Minnesota (Min - DEF)
11. (103) Rishard Matthews (Ten - WR)
12. (118) Robby Anderson (NYJ - WR)
13. (123) Matt Bryant (Atl - K)
14. (138) Carson Palmer (Ari - QB)

I was surfing PCF and accidently drafted Robby Anderson and MN's Defense. I have already replaced him with Rawls.

I disagree. He played 13 games last season and averaged 15 points per game in a ppr format. And he still had useful production in all six of his below average games:
6, 8, 9, 5, 9, 9

Coleman is a steady, reliable producer who's been WAY underdrafted this season.
Don't get me wrong, he's very talented and would be a 1st round fantasy draft pick if he was the starter. 11 TDs was a fluke last year... he's going to get around 8 rushing attempts and a few catches per game.

He's a fine addition to fill in during bye weeks with huge upside if Freeman goes down but he shouldn't be a regular on anyone's roster. He will certainly have a few big games but just doesn't get the touches to plug in every week.

Any possible FA sleepers that might still be available that I could look for?

Any possible FA sleepers that might still be available that I could look for?
Corey Davis could be out there. Could be irrelevant but if Mariota gets that offense clicking he has potential to be big.

If you have guys you don't give a fuck about on your roster and Forte or Jamaal went undrafted it can't hurt to grab them. I wouldn't bet on them to stay healthy but if either of them come out of the gate big they will be very flipable.

Corey Davis could be out there. Could be irrelevant but if Mariota gets that offense clicking he has potential to be big.

If you have guys you don't give a fuck about on your roster and Forte or Jamaal went undrafted it can't hurt to grab them. I wouldn't bet on them to stay healthy but if either of them come out of the gate big they will be very flipable.

Thanks. My two flex position starters should be???

1. (3) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
2. (18) Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
3. (23) Michael Thomas (NO - WR)
4. (38) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)
5. (43) Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB)
6. (58) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
7. (63) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
8. (78) Ty Montgomery (GB - RB)
9. (83) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
10. (98) Minnesota (Min - DEF)
11. (103) Rishard Matthews (Ten - WR)
12. (118) Robby Anderson (NYJ - WR)
13. (123) Matt Bryant (Atl - K)
14. (138) Carson Palmer (Ari - QB)

I was surfing PCF and accidently drafted Robby Anderson and MN's Defense. I have already replaced him with Rawls.
Wow is all I have to say to getting Thomas with the 23rd pick. Start him every week!

Oh and I agree with Ronoh for starters

Forget flippable - I've got Jamaal on every bench this year. I was talking about him with a buddy of mine and I said "He could be the best RB on that team, and he replied, he could be the best RB in the league." It's not a crazy exaggeration. People were drafting him in the first round last year, when he was only 9 months removed from a ligament tear. If he's finally healthy this year - he's a 30 year old guy with only 1600 career touches. (Lesean Mccoy is a 29 year old guy with 2300 touches, getting drafted in the first round.)
It's not a huge "IF" to say CJ Anderson could get injured. And yeah, they have Booker there, so there are no guarantees that Charles will get the bulk of the production when that happens. But he's certainly worth a spot on your bench in case it does. If he could get 15+ touches a game, I think he's likely a top 10 RB.

Forget flippable - I've got Jamaal on every bench this year. I was talking about him with a buddy of mine and I said "He could be the best RB on that team, and he replied, he could be the best RB in the league." It's not a crazy exaggeration. People were drafting him in the first round last year, when he was only 9 months removed from a ligament tear. If he's finally healthy this year - he's a 30 year old guy with only 1600 career touches. (Lesean Mccoy is a 29 year old guy with 2300 touches, getting drafted in the first round.)
It's not a huge "IF" to say CJ Anderson could get injured. And yeah, they have Booker there, so there are no guarantees that Charles will get the bulk of the production when that happens. But he's certainly worth a spot on your bench in case it does. If he could get 15+ touches a game, I think he's likely a top 10 RB.
I don't disagree with this but have big doubts about him staying healthy. If my 14th rounder starts big and all of a sudden has big trade value I'm flipping him.

Jamaal isn't available
Maybe grab Chris Carson. Eddie Lacey didn't look great in the preseason and his career seems to be spiraling the wrong way. Rawls isn't healthy yet, and rarely seems to be. Procisse feels like he's gonnna be mostly a 3rd down back whenever he's healthy. Carson is a rookie who split first team offense carries with Lacy in the preseason. That might just be because Rawls and Procisse were injured, but he sure looked good. And Carrol isn't afraid to go with whomever is good.
Kind of a long shot, but there's a lot of potential value there.

Maybe grab Chris Carson. Eddie Lacey didn't look great in the preseason and his career seems to be spiraling the wrong way. Rawls isn't healthy yet, and rarely seems to be. Procisse feels like he's gonnna be mostly a 3rd down back whenever he's healthy. Carson is a rookie who split first team offense carries with Lacy in the preseason. That might just be because Rawls and Procisse were injured, but he sure looked good. And Carrol isn't afraid to go with whomever is good.
Kind of a long shot, but there's a lot of potential value there.

I'll look into it. Thanks.

I hate your team :)

Its a 20 dollar league that I do little to no prep for.

Thanks

Oh yeah forgot to change based on full roster. Meh... I hate your team :)

WR Brown
WR Thomas
RB Ty
RB Crowell
FL Doug
FL .... Coleman I guess :)

There is only one starting RB by the way.

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
DEF
K

Leave Coleman off I'm guessing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom