Another Tuesday Night hand #2 (1 Viewer)

Chippy McChiperson

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Here’s the 2nd of 3 interesting hands I thought might be fun to discuss. This is a Big O hand, and occurs maybe a half hour after the previous hand.

UTG ($200) just got felted, and reloaded. Super aggressive, he’s usually way up or way stuck. He min-raises to $1.
UTG +1 ($410.75) is villain #1 from the previous hand, he flats.
HJ ($89.75) nitty OMC (he’s pretty solid actually but very very old @JoseRijo ) folds.
CO ($277.25) passive player flats.
Button ($362.50) is villain #2 from the previous hand, he pots to $5.75.
SB Hero ($1116.75) looks at his cards and sees :2d::qh::2s::jd::ad:.
BB ($222.50) is a solid grindah who loves his scratchies.

Hero’s action?

We have a low that can be counterfeited, but of which we hold two of the deuces, and three of our nut suit. With the action thus far, pretty safe to say that at least one of the other deuces is contained in someone's hand. Not going to re-open the betting from the button's 3!, but ready to rumble regardless.

Agree with everyone else so far. High potential is not great, but a solid starter. Good news is it's very clear the types of flops you'd like to see vs. the types of flops you don't. (broadway wraps or flush draws - all low cards without any high potential could put you in big trouble with this hand)

Here’s the 2nd of 3 interesting hands I thought might be fun to discuss. This is a Big O hand, and occurs maybe a half hour after the previous hand.

UTG ($200) just got felted, and reloaded. Super aggressive, he’s usually way up or way stuck. He min-raises to $1.
UTG +1 ($410.75) is villain #1 from the previous hand, he flats.
HJ ($89.75) nitty OMC (he’s pretty solid actually but very very old @JoseRijo ) folds.
CO ($277.25) passive player flats.
Button ($362.50) is villain #2 from the previous hand, he pots to $5.75.
SB Hero ($1116.75) looks at his cards and sees :2d::qh::2s::jd::ad:.
BB ($222.50) is a solid grindah who loves his scratchies.

Hero’s action?
Paht, let’s blow the OMC out of here and play with the other feces slingers

Paht, let’s blow the OMC out of here and play with the other feces slingers

giphy.gif

Calling is one way to play it…… there are other ways too.

The consensus seems to be to just call out of position. I decided to.......... call. I like the hand, it definitely has some solid potential, but I don't like to bloat pots out of position.

I call, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls. 5 to the flop, pot is $29.25.

The flop comes :ts::6d::kh: and I'm first to act. What should I do? Or rather, what would you do?

I’m checking to let one of the aggros build the pot, then I’m check-raising. Any turn other than a K, T, or 6 is good for hero.

Edit, I suppose a 2 isn’t great.

Check. I'm kind of done with it if someone bets.

Seriously? With a wrap and back doors to nut flush and nut low? I’ll pile money in here. If I’m feeling a little timid, I’d at least check call, and be ready to pot any good card on the turn.
You'd have to go runner runner for the nut low with only one low card on the flop. It's no given hero isn't getting split on a Broadway card that comes on the turn or river if no potential flushes are on the board.

I know, I'd be a thrill to play with...

FWIW, I'd check call with two cards on the board to the low.

Check. I'm kind of done with it if someone bets.
I don’t know what to say here - I don’t whether to put u on the “IN” list cause you have no idea what a good hand is or put you on the “OUT” list because that would literally be the tightest fold in the history of folds. If u r folding that hand with that flop there is no way u can win at big o.

I'll be fair and say that I completely missed that a 9 would also give hero a straight here. That's more outs to make a decent hand.

Alright, I check/call instead :LOL: :laugh:

I'll be fair and say that I completely missed that a 9 would also give hero a straight here. That's more outs to make a decent hand.

Nope, too late. You can’t change your answer. :p

I don’t think it’s your fault. I missed the wrap too. @Chippy McChiperson i don’t want to tell you what to do but it would help if you refreshed us on what hero is holding, when you post the board cards.

I’m not going anywhere on this flop. I’d probably be more of a check caller than a check raiser, but I’d want to see who does what, first.

Hahahaha. Flops one of the most valuable hands statistically ……… fold. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 887874
I know what your answer will be, but I'll ask the others, what would you do if there were two to the flush or a potential flush on the board on the flop? How much does that change how you're betting the wrap?

I know what your answer will be, but I'll ask the others, what would you do if there were two to the flush or a potential flush on the board on the flop? How much does that change how you're betting the wrap?
That actually is a very good question as 2 to a flush dramatically decreases the strength of the wrap. On a 2 flush board I actually may slow down a bit, especially in early position. However, if u don’t juice the pot at least a little the pot won’t be big enough to get the flush draw off the hand if u turn the straight.

Even if you are up against a set here you have great equity. That said, betting into 4 people is never a great move. I'd check call. But if the bettor is a late position player who is aggro I probably check raise here.

It’s a good flop for me for sure, but I decide to check in early position and see what develops. UTG pots for $29.25, UTG+1 flats, CO and button fold. For those that requested, Hero holds :2d::qh::2s::jd::ad: and the flop is :ts::6d::kh:.

Action on me…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom