Another table build. Maybe my fave color combo (1 Viewer)

303Mike

Two Pair
Reaction score
On to my 5th table build, 3rd one with cup holders in rails. I prefer this style over the ones in the race track. Slightly more difficult with the upholstery, but worth it with the bigger and uninterrupted playing surface.

standard 4X8, trimmed off 2” width to accommodate being able to slide under bed for storage. 7” rail. Measuring out cup holder rails somewhat a pain to get exact spacing. I’m sure there is a mathematical way to do it. But I’m lazy. And I can eyeball pretty damn good when sober. About 21.5” spacing works for this one

BD6D6CD7-768B-4885-A997-17609529B31F.jpeg

template for cup holder spacers to raise them off rail slightly in order to make room for rail foam. Gluing bottom rail ring (2”)

B3B71C03-A3D7-4102-A50C-68B1A7200D00.jpeg

Bottom of rail, as it sits on top of the banquet table I’m scabbing the legs and frame from. I love Craigslist. Best $20 I’ve spent for a table build
8189AF05-DCCE-4873-84A8-074DAB9FD275.jpeg

mounted legs and frame. Had to cut and weld the frame to shorten it about 2’ from the original table. I really like using that frame support, keeps the table from flexing when leaning on it, very important when only using 2 sheets ply, as opposed to 3 when you have a race track and full bottom support piece. But those race track tables are heavy as shit... this is way better for my skinny ass to carry up and down stairs
E4FF2C72-6CCC-4399-AC30-1BE075A529C0.jpeg

ready to glue the cup holder spacers on.

FAD5BA92-36D2-413E-BE42-A8652341835C.jpeg

trimming the foam. Using an electric turkey slicer. The only thing you should ever use this tool for. Because turkey is gross. Stop that shit. Cook a rib roast for thanksgiving. Your family will thank you

80B58796-01B9-4057-A2AB-D9A95BB43721.jpeg

one last pic of foam glued to the wood. Super 77 spray glue, make sure you wash your hands before taking a pee. Trust me

8819CA24-C3E7-44D8-8F6A-8D61C6916B6F.jpeg

full disclosure. I was gonna take some in-progress upholstery pics.... but I didn’t. i fucking hate upholstery work. My least favorite part of the project. I’d rather take a swift kick to the jollies than do upholstery for 2 days. And yes, it took me 2 days, because I fucked up the rail and had to cut it off and redo it.
did I mention I hate upholstery??

anyways... upholstery done. Cutting in cup holders. You can see that 3.5” buna o-ring I use for the cup holders. Really saves the vinyl from the sharp edges. Second best $10 product you can buy for your yable
549B4CF3-6DD5-4401-83CF-03FEB04B7FCC.jpeg

All done. Let’s see how long she stays clean for.
thanks for reading.
cheers!!

1FC0ADF0-E17C-41F4-BE6B-5CFD445F34D6.jpeg
C3BBFC07-DABF-4D6A-8C96-9121AA6516BC.jpeg

nice job, love the red SSC off the white

since you love upholstery work; what would you say is the best way to cut the vinyl for the cup holders ?
Its always my scariest moment, one does all the work to get the vinyl nice and tight and smooth then one takes a knife to it. I cant explain but it is always the moment were i think i should of ordered two sheets of vinyl

nice job, love the red SSC off the white

since you love upholstery work; what would you say is the best way to cut the vinyl for the cup holders ?
Its always my scariest moment, one does all the work to get the vinyl nice and tight and smooth then one takes a knife to it. I cant explain but it is always the moment were i think i should of ordered two sheets of vinyl
Yeah I was pretty nervous the first time I did this too. But it was pretty easy. I just made an “X” in the circle, and I started/ended the lines about 1/2” inside the diameter of the hole. Then I would fold the vinyl down and pull it tight and use the air stapler to tack them each down.
The only thing I worry about now is paying attention enough to not accidentally stab the vinyl or playing surface felt when picking up and putting the knife down between cuts.

...huh, just thought of a process improvement. Make all the cuts in the 10 cup holders first, then go back around and staple everything down... that way I’m not switching between the knife and the stapler 10 different times. Thanks for helping me think that through!

On to my 5th table build, 3rd one with cup holders in rails. I prefer this style over the ones in the race track. Slightly more difficult with the upholstery, but worth it with the bigger and uninterrupted playing surface.

standard 4X8, trimmed off 2” width to accommodate being able to slide under bed for storage. 7” rail. Measuring out cup holder rails somewhat a pain to get exact spacing. I’m sure there is a mathematical way to do it. But I’m lazy. And I can eyeball pretty damn good when sober. About 21.5” spacing works for this one

View attachment 656191

template for cup holder spacers to raise them off rail slightly in order to make room for rail foam. Gluing bottom rail ring (2”)

View attachment 656192

Bottom of rail, as it sits on top of the banquet table I’m scabbing the legs and frame from. I love Craigslist. Best $20 I’ve spent for a table build
View attachment 656193

mounted legs and frame. Had to cut and weld the frame to shorten it about 2’ from the original table. I really like using that frame support, keeps the table from flexing when leaning on it, very important when only using 2 sheets ply, as opposed to 3 when you have a race track and full bottom support piece. But those race track tables are heavy as shit... this is way better for my skinny ass to carry up and down stairs
View attachment 656194

ready to glue the cup holder spacers on.

View attachment 656195

trimming the foam. Using an electric turkey slicer. The only thing you should ever use this tool for. Because turkey is gross. Stop that shit. Cook a rib roast for thanksgiving. Your family will thank you

View attachment 656197

one last pic of foam glued to the wood. Super 77 spray glue, make sure you wash your hands before taking a pee. Trust me

View attachment 656196

full disclosure. I was gonna take some in-progress upholstery pics.... but I didn’t. i fucking hate upholstery work. My least favorite part of the project. I’d rather take a swift kick to the jollies than do upholstery for 2 days. And yes, it took me 2 days, because I fucked up the rail and had to cut it off and redo it.
did I mention I hate upholstery??

anyways... upholstery done. Cutting in cup holders. You can see that 3.5” buna o-ring I use for the cup holders. Really saves the vinyl from the sharp edges. Second best $10 product you can buy for your yable
View attachment 656198

All done. Let’s see how long she stays clean for.
thanks for reading.
cheers!!

View attachment 656199View attachment 656200
She's a beaut Clark.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom