Another Sun-Fly Hybrid design (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I am working on a new Sun-Fly hybrid design. If things work out, they might offer these as a stock chip design you can order from their website. Still working out the details with Sun-Fly.

Here is my first design idea. For this set, I was looking for something with mass appeal and to keep prices down a design that does not require rolling edge alignment. Let me know what you think!

3d mockup of the 43mm tournament version:

3d mockup 43 mm.png

Tournament 43mm face design:

43mm chips tournament5.png

39mm face design

39mm chips tournament5.png

Rolling edge design:
43mm rolling edge.png

I think the orange 25c is awesome. Very cool set, looking forward to seeing this develop!

for the tournament chips the 5k and 25k chips are too similar in color. they will be in play at the same time.the 10k wont be ordered by anyone. would drop it and make the 25k much diff than the 5k.

for the tournament chips the 5k and 25k chips are too similar in color. they will be in play at the same time.the 10k wont be ordered by anyone. would drop it and make the 25k much diff than the 5k.
How about I change the blue 10k to 25k and drop 10k denomination from the tournament set? Anybody else think the colors are too close?

I think the orange 25c is awesome. Very cool set, looking forward to seeing this develop!

I might be different than the mass appeal audience but I prefer swapping the Chocolate/Brown for the .25c and using the Orange for the $1000.

Other than that I like it so far. (y) :thumbsup:

Maybe make two 25¢ chips so people can decide, change the $5000 to $1000 and stop the set at $1000, we don't really need a $5000 chip do we?

I'm not so much against the Orange .25c (although I do like Chocolate quarters) as much as not liking the Chocolate for the $1000. And none of the cash games I've played in ever even had a $1000 chip hit the felt so anything above a $500 in a cash set is overkill for me anyway.

For Cash, have you tried the inlay in same color as chip color ?
I really loved this on the CPS chips.

My apologies for the noob question but are the chips produced when ordered or will they be produced ahead of time and placed in stock? If they are to be produced when ordered then I don't see the need to drop any denoms... in fact you should make more. Not only keep the T10K but add a T2K and a T250K while you're at it. I realize this may not be the norm but there are those that prefer their chip progressions to be in multiples of 4/5. Add a snapper to the cash set too! Moar I say!

I made a couple of changes for the tournament set. Here is the tournament set with a few changes - less stars, removed the 10k, added a white 1m and changed the chocolate to no value.

43mm-chips-tournament7-png.162316
Steve, I'm having trouble with the three 'odd-ball' chips that are using black for the center circle and stars (T5, T500K, T1M). They just stand out and look really out of place in the crowd of otherwise more subtle color-coordinated combos. Having just one using black would be okay, but not three.

I also think that the gray or pink chip would serve better in the T5000 slot (vs orange). With the exception of chipper designs, very few real T5000 chips are orange (it's typically used for T1000). Similarly, yellow is typically used for cash $1000 (not tourney T1000). The upper lineup is also conspicuously missing a green chip (either light or dark, generally mint or forest).

This might be a slightly better color lineup:
T1000 - orange
T5000 - gray (or pink)
T25000 - forest
T100K - yellow
T500K - blue, but darker
T1M - white

My apologies for the noob question but are the chips produced when ordered or will they be produced ahead of time and placed in stock? If they are to be produced when ordered then I don't see the need to drop any denoms... in fact you should make more. Not only keep the T10K but add a T2K and a T250K while you're at it. I realize this may not be the norm but there are those that prefer their chip progressions to be in multiples of 4/5. Add a snapper to the cash set too! Moar I say!

Good question, I am thinking they would be stock items made ahead of time, but would need to ask Sun-Fly how they will handle it.

Love the colors! One comment one of my regs made to me about the current set I just had is he likes that each denom had a different design and that helps him a lot since he is color blind. Not sure how that would work since the design is in keeping with the "All Star" theme.

With the exception of chipper designs, very few real T5000 chips are orange (it's typically used for T1000). Similarly, yellow is typically used for cash $1000 (not tourney T1000).

The WSOP main event chips use yellow for T1000 and orange for T5000 as their base. It may be an exception as well, but it's one most casual players who watch the game on TV or YouTube would be familiar with. And I think the target market for these would be the casual player.

they might offer these as a stock chip design you can order from their website. Still working out the details with Sun-Fly.
For this set, I was looking for something with mass appeal
With this in mind, including a T10000 chip may actually be a good idea, as the general public does gravitate towards them (for no good reason). And if including ultra-high denominations, offering a T250000 chip is also probably a good idea. Including a no-denom chip brings the tournament set up to 14 unique chips.

I would not include a T2000 chip, however (somebody wanting one could always order semi-customs). Same for a T50000 chip.

For a stock offering of cash set chips, I'd go with 5c, 25c, 50c, $1, $2, $2.50, $5, $20, $25, $100, $500, and a no-denom (11 chips).

Designing a set for the general public is a bit different than doing it for a bunch of chippers or a group buy.

The WSOP main event chips use yellow for T1000 and orange for T5000 as their base. It may be an exception as well, but it's one most casual players who watch the game on TV or YouTube would be familiar with. And I think the target market for these would be the casual player.
It's definitely an exception. I doubt most casual players who watch WSOP on television have any clue what colors are being used, or even care.

Good question, I am thinking they would be stock items made ahead of time, but would need to ask Sun-Fly how they will handle it.
Pretty sure they print on demand, based on turnaround times. Makes no financial sense to carry inventory in today's world for items like this sold through a web site.

Does anyone have Sunfly Hybrids with a black background label as an example? Given the glossy nature of the labels, I worry that the text might be harder to distinguish vs white background and dark text.

Does anyone have Sunfly Hybrids with a black background label as an example? Given the glossy nature of the labels, I worry that the text might be harder to distinguish vs white background and dark text.

I have not seen a black inlay on the hybrids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom