Another PayPal complaint thread (2 Viewers)

It is not gone, it is just hidden and you have to change it each and every time (because they really don't want you to). First, you have to change the currency under "You transfer" to USD. Then you need to find the small print at the bottom that gives you the option to change who does currency conversion:

View attachment 534699 View attachment 534700 View attachment 534701
Yeah well I've read a lot (not that much but a good hour) on the topic and the 'change' is progressive. They are removing the option country by country. If your country has not been 'hit' yet good for you! Enjoy it while you can.

So, what alternatives do non-US members have left then?

So, what alternatives do non-US members have left then?
well this is what I found for you in the EU:
1600347056065.png

I saw that in UK they started a group complaint to authorities

Here is the text I was refering to before:
1600347105846.png

1600347119496.png

With the link to discussions: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...urrency-conversion-option/td-p/1769313/page/2

Lol at people that want an institution to move and handle money transactions around the world securely with the click of a couple of buttons without paying fees. :LOL: :laugh:

Once someone else provides the same level & ease of service & does it securely on a global scale then people will adopt to it. Until then I'm good with PP & Google Pay for US only stuff.
I have no problems with paying fees for this extremely useful service.

The problem I have is paying fees for a service that is shoddily and sometimes deceptively run, and has shitty, unresponsive/unempowered customer service.

Just got pissed off at PP again for their scammy practice, this time of always using balance first when an automatic payment comes, something one cannot opt out of. This, in combination with currency exchange (balance was USD, invoice EUR) caused a) my US balance, reserved for chipping, to get significantly lower, and b) the payment in question getting much more expensive than it would have been had the CC been used.

So, back to the question - is there any viable alternative for international chippers dealing with US fellas? I s'pose Venmo is US residents only?

[Edit: was about to google about it... managed to write "alternative" when I got the first suggestion for the search: "alternative to paypal"]

Finding a thread to rant: Paypal keeping the fee from a goods and services transaction on an issued refund is lame. That is all.

My bank app allows me to use Zelle from within the bank's app. Anybody ever used Zelle before?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom