Another NJ guy (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Apparently we are growing like weeds. Used to be on another chip forum and some other poker ones but drifted. Couple small humans will do that to you. Back around and looking fora cash chip set so figured I’d hand around.

Apparently we grow on trees from the beautiful garden state.

New to this forum but used to be on some others. Drifted away a bit but always trying to find a friendly game which is next to impossible with small humans taking up so much time!

Will be looking around for a cash set soonish but want to grab a decent one. Have a pretty solid 1000ct tourney set of CPS that I never quite get to use enough and certainly not the higher denoms. One day I.l get agame that big...

Welcome from Middlesex County.

Jersey PCFers lately....

gremlins1.gif

gremlins2.gif

44mm tourney set?

We need to do Paulson secret GB for these and exclude the Non Jerseyians from this and then charge them $8 a piece for these. Of course I would never sell because I love my Pork Roll or as South Jerseyians call them"Taylor Ham".

We need to do Paulson secret GB for these and exclude the Non Jerseyians from this and then charge them $8 a piece for these. Of course I would never sell because I love my Pork Roll or as South Jerseyians call them"Taylor Ham".

Taylor ham in South Jersey?!?! I always thought they tarred and feather folks for calling it Taylor Ham south of the Raritan River...

1581618300808.png

And sorry for the insane threadjack @TheAlchemist :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

https://wpst.com/is-it-pork-roll-or-taylor-ham/

"Much like "the Phillies or the Yankees" and "the Eagles or the Giants," what you call this product probably depends on where you grew up. In general, people from North Jersey call it Taylor ham, while people from Central and South Jersey call it pork roll.

Proof of this theory may be as simple as randomly looking at menus from 2 New Jersey diners. We chose Tops Diner in Newark, and the Cherry Hill Diner.

Tops menu has a "Classic Taylor Ham, Egg & Cheese" sandwich on it's menu, while the Cherry Hill Diner has Trenton Pork Roll listed as one of it's side options..."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

@Irish your are correct I just always called it Porkroll. In our house we are on a budget so I’m forced to get the Shop Rite brand. I assumed South Jerseyians were the ones who called it Taylor Ham because the Taylor company is in Trenton.
63929918-E1F1-42F9-AA1C-67A50C21DF8C.jpeg

@Irish your are correct I just always called it Porkroll. In our house we are on a budget so I’m forced to get the Shop Rite brand. I assumed South Jerseyians were the ones who called it Taylor Ham because the Taylor company is in Trenton.
View attachment 407186

I actually like ShopRite brand (especially the "tangy" variety) more than Taylor, but I still call it Taylor Ham even if I'm not eating the Taylor brand.

With the obvious taylor ham / pork roll idea already taken, I vote for a full service gas themed GB...

NJ.png

I vote for different "things that NJ is famous for"

5 cent: Bagels
25 cent: Taylor Ham
$1: Pizza
$5: "The Shore"
$25: The Jersey Devil
$100: Bruce Springsteen

T25: Giants Stadium
T100: GSP or NJ Turnpike
T500: "Jersey Shore"
T1000: Tony Soprano
T5000: Atlantic City

Et al.

I actually like ShopRite brand (especially the "tangy" variety) more than Taylor, but I still call it Taylor Ham even if I'm not eating the Taylor brand.

With the obvious taylor ham / pork roll idea already taken, I vote for a full service gas themed GB...

View attachment 407191
Totally agree. The Shoprite brand is way better than Taylor.

Did you know that a couple of years ago Trenton had its first annual Pork Roll festival? And then the next year in true NJ fuck you fashion the 2 co-founders of the festival got into some sort of fight and hosted 2 separate Pork Roll festivals???

That's correct. 2 Pork Roll Festivals.

I like the Shop Rite brand more and the Tangy more too, but the wife does not like Tangy so we get Mild.

This has definitely derailed into a NJ only thread. Those non Jersey Folks are probably reading this and thinking to themselves WTF? All this discussion over a breakfast meat?

This has definitely derailed into a NJ only thread. Those non Jersey Folks are probably reading this and thinking to themselves WTF? All this discussion over a breakfast meat?

" All this discussion over a breakfast meat?"

I think you meant to say Food of Life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom