Another annoying newbie :) (1 Viewer)

pokercrypt

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey All
I'm a British guy living in Singapore playing home games a couple of times a month. Just sold my Monte Carlo Poker Room 500 set and am pretty sure I want ceramics next. I've tried to wade through all the posts here. Almost bought Nile Club but read they were at the lower end of ceramics... so here's the situation:
I can buy a set of used but good condition Ascona Sun-Fly hybrids here for about US$130 (300 set)
Or I can order from BR Pro and go for Tiki Kings but with shipping to Singapore that will cost around $300 (300 set)
OR I can order a new set of Ascona or Venerati here for about US$205

So question is in rough rank of premium to base what are the best ceramics out of Ascona/ Tiki/ Venerati/ Nevada Jacks/ others (please advise).

Also available here are Paulson Phaorah's and Classics at about US$1.5k but as a casual player I think that's a bit too far! My last consideration are Pharoah replicas (not commemorative) from Apache if any has any strong views on that?

OK you can tell my head's in a melt. Hellllp. I seen all the reviews etc. so just need to hone in :) Thanks guys.

just need to hone in
Only one way for you to hone in - GET SAMPLES. You ask 20 different people to rate 20 different ceramics and you will get 20 different answers. The only person who can decide what chips are good for you is YOU. Ascona are Sun-Fly hybrids, and people love Sun-Fly hybrids. Tiki Kings and Nevada Jacks are great, and the great people at brpropoker.com are beloved here. Venerati (I could be mistaken here) may not be in production anymore, (I know I am not mistaken here) and don't measure up to the high quality standards set by Sun-Fly and brpro. It all depends on your own taste in the end though. Personally, I went with semi custom Valentinos from brpropoker

but only you know what works out best for you. Get samples.

Only one way for you to hone in - GET SAMPLES. You ask 20 different people to rate 20 different ceramics and you will get 20 different answers. The only person who can decide what chips are good for you is YOU. Ascona are Sun-Fly hybrids, and people love Sun-Fly hybrids. Tiki Kings and Nevada Jacks are great, and the great people at brpropoker.com are beloved here. Venerati (I could be mistaken here) may not be in production anymore, (I know I am not mistaken here) and don't measure up to the high quality standards set by Sun-Fly and brpro. It all depends on your own taste in the end though. Personally, I went with semi custom Valentinos from brpropoker

but only you know what works out best for you. Get samples.

Thanks for this... I have handled a few of these but still not sure in terms of let's say quality, which are considered high/ low end

Thanks for this... I have handled a few of these but still not sure in terms of let's say quality, which are considered high/ low end
High and low quality are really determined by manufacturer. Sun-Fly and BRPro are great. You will hear a lot of customizedbet.com and ABC too, but ABC own customizedbet and BRPro so if you found your goodness on brpro then roll with it. Apache sells some nice ceramics, but I think they are just a middle man. I am sure others here can give you good manufacturers too. I have a set from brpro and a set of Sun-Fly hybrids. I love them both.

Thanks for the tag @Saoliver!

Hey pokercrypt, hello from a fellow chipper based in Singapore!
Hey Jon... good to see you here. Been chatting to a few of the Caro sellers about the Paulson's but seems if I want to go that route I can get same price from Apache including shipping!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom