Anniversary trip with my wife to Charleston, SC: what should we do/see/eat? (1 Viewer)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
My wife has always wanted to visit Charleston. We had plans to go there for our 25th anniversary in 2020, but for some reason we couldn’t go. :wtf:

Fortunately, we are able to schedule a trip next month. We booked a charming little VRBO with a garden entrance, and we’ll have 3 or 4 days to enjoy the area. Looking for suggestions from people in the know. Thanks!

Never been but always hear amazing things from those who go. Enjoy the trip I’m sure others will have some great suggestions.

Oh man Charleston is awesome. The downtown market district is just awesome, tons of carriage rides around town are just fun... but 100% make a trip out to Sulivans Island on the east side. Absolutely one of the most beautiful places, just south of Isle of Plams. Plenty of night life with live bands playing on the strip. My uncle a world class mandolin player used to play every Wednesday night at Dunleavys pub there at the end of the strip, hole in the wall pub but awesome place.

At the end of the island is a beautiful old fort you can tour. Ft. Sumter. Again the whole.area is cool but Sulivans Island is my fav, a bit packed as it is kind of a tourist trap but really nice for a night out.

Bubba Jump shrimp Co. Downtown is actually a fantastic eat, but often a long wait so plan a head.

Going to be an awesome trip Andrew, she is going to love it!

You're welcome.

Screenshot_20220206-170742.png

Having an absolutely beautiful time in Charleston! Loving the ocean, the architecture, and the food.

We got up early to watch the sunrise from Sullivans Island yesterday. Walked around Battery Park, the French Quarter, and Rainbow Row areas. Dinner at The Darling Oyster Bar last night. Amazing shrimp and grits!
F5AE3106-522A-4C12-BAB6-8B5C84EC8DAC.jpeg

96DEB725-0362-4111-8AE1-B56187F94ABE.jpeg
83DF3711-5ACC-420E-A692-BBECABAE201D.jpeg
0F6BE484-DBBB-4686-A593-64D8B27254BB.jpeg

Hmmm, somehow I didn't see this thread before.

If you're looking for a really terrific special occasion restaurant (or just filthy rich with poker winnings!), our favorite in Charleston is SNOB (Slightly North Of Broad), on East Bay Street.

And if you'd like a red wine that's pretty hard to find anywhere in SC, SNOB has both a Cahors malbec at $45 and a sensational Turley Old Vines zin for $100.

Enjoy the city in the time you have left!

Drive to Folly beach early Wednesday morning. Almost didn’t because it was cool, cloudy, and quite foggy. Glad we decided to go anyway. It was absolutely stunning! The fog just added to the mystery. Loved the sights and sounds of the beach, and the feel and smell of the salt air was fantastic.
2CBAA549-E514-4E3A-BCEB-B1DDA87A40DD.jpeg

Also, we lucked into a table for lunch at Virginia’s on King without a reservation. Wonderful southern comfort food. Fried green tomatoes, collard greens, grits, and onion casserole with the best fried chicken I’ve ever had.

8688AC0F-847C-4C53-8611-3BF547DB21AE.jpeg

Attachments

• 0C66C991-18A9-41F0-BA3D-D8CD438D590B.jpeg
    0C66C991-18A9-41F0-BA3D-D8CD438D590B.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 57
We really enjoyed Charleston, but we absolutely LOVED Beaufort, about 1hr 30mins south. (a lot of Forrest Gump was filmed around here, amazing scenery!).

Had that wonderful southern charm, but without as much tourist hustle and bustle. If you're driving, it's worth the visit :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom