And you thought sets were getting expensive (2 Viewers)

PocketAces

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
8D311C31-4E94-4C2C-9B98-3402BE140534.jpeg

Surely the deal of the century - well at least until 5 racks are miraculously found :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That’s about the price I would expect for that chip. There are even more expensive singles, but not many.
The Sands $5 Arodie comes to mind. I've seen two of them sold over the years, one went for beaucoup bucks on eBay over 20 years ago and the other one was from Howard Hughes estate (allegedly) and sold recently with two other old $5s for over $21K (plus a buyers premium) on Heritage Auctions...

Meh. Get one from CPC, maybe on the DIASQR, it'll look better and be a whole lot cheaper.

You want to pay more than this though? Only one I could find, so what are the odds its the same chip...

Screenshot 2022-09-24 214100.jpg

Doesn't look like it's the same chip, if you analyse the spots.

There's two different pink $1000s. One with Yellow/Blue/Green and one with Green/White.
Shown above is the Yellow/Blue/Green.

Pictures from ChipGuide

128670.jpg
28994.jpg

To be fair to seller, that Sands chip is incredibly rare. An old price guide says $3500-4000 and "unique", Chip Rack says "* no market" which means the sky is the limit. I do think, however, that $12,500 is optimistic.
I gave realistic offers on a couple of the chips from that seller. He/she responded back with ridiculous amounts and said they enjoy listing at super high prices because it pisses the “good old boys” off.

I believe they won the Howard Hughes auction that had many of these chips and now they’re just trying to resell at ludicrous prices.

I noticed that a few of the chips have sold for much more than they have in the past based on accepted offers so good for them I guess.

I want to learn more about this Howard Hughes auction…
Just some lots of rare chips from his estate. Some dated AFTER Hughes’ death, so clearly there was some curation taking place post mortem. Who is to say any of them were owned or touched by the man?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom