And you thought sets were getting expensive (3 Viewers)

PocketAces

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8D311C31-4E94-4C2C-9B98-3402BE140534.jpeg

Surely the deal of the century - well at least until 5 racks are miraculously found :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

billnict

Sitting Out
Reaction score
That’s about the price I would expect for that chip. There are even more expensive singles, but not many.
The Sands $5 Arodie comes to mind. I've seen two of them sold over the years, one went for beaucoup bucks on eBay over 20 years ago and the other one was from Howard Hughes estate (allegedly) and sold recently with two other old $5s for over $21K (plus a buyers premium) on Heritage Auctions...

CrazyEddie

Full House
Reaction score
Meh. Get one from CPC, maybe on the DIASQR, it'll look better and be a whole lot cheaper.

LeGold

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it's the same chip, if you analyse the spots.

Okku

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's two different pink $1000s. One with Yellow/Blue/Green and one with Green/White.
Shown above is the Yellow/Blue/Green.

Pictures from ChipGuide

128670.jpg
28994.jpg

djsLV

High Hand
Reaction score
To be fair to seller, that Sands chip is incredibly rare. An old price guide says $3500-4000 and "unique", Chip Rack says "* no market" which means the sky is the limit. I do think, however, that $12,500 is optimistic.
I gave realistic offers on a couple of the chips from that seller. He/she responded back with ridiculous amounts and said they enjoy listing at super high prices because it pisses the “good old boys” off.

I believe they won the Howard Hughes auction that had many of these chips and now they’re just trying to resell at ludicrous prices.

I noticed that a few of the chips have sold for much more than they have in the past based on accepted offers so good for them I guess.

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I want to learn more about this Howard Hughes auction…
Just some lots of rare chips from his estate. Some dated AFTER Hughes’ death, so clearly there was some curation taking place post mortem. Who is to say any of them were owned or touched by the man?

Top Bottom