...And there goes my Marraige (and my wallet) (2 Viewers)

And Chan is freaking awesome! These look amazing (and you've seen as much as I have). Tony snapped a few pics and sent them to me minutes ago, so I had to share. :)

Huge props to the artist/designer extraordinaire, p5woody!!!

FTP%20Felt%201.jpg

FTP%20Felt%202.jpg

FTP%20Felt%203.jpg

FTP%20Felt%204.jpg

Last edited:
Never dealt with Gaming Suede... Lots of SSC experience tho.

How's the suede differ from the SSC in play and regarding installation?

Never dealt with Gaming Suede... Lots of SSC experience tho.

How's the suede differ from the SSC in play and regarding installation?

Mine went on with no problems (not much stretch, so image alignment was easy), and card glide seems very good in practice runs. First actual game on the new felt is in eleven days.

I'm a confirmed SSC user/proponent, but if this stuff holds up well over time, I might become a full convert. Tony's work is gorgeous, and his prices are ridiculously affordable. The soft feel is something they should be using for comparison in high-end toilet paper commercials, lol.....

Looking good. Nice work P5.

Mine came today but I wasn't around to sign it so I'll have to pick it up tomorrow.

I posted in another thread about doing a lighted rail table. A regional builder is going to do a kit for me, selling me the lumber (100% ply) cut out utilizing his CNC machine. I do the upholstery and the assembly and BAM! The price is right, so I figured I'd steal a phrase from Jean Luc Picard and "Make it so".

Here's the problem. I can get an entire YAT kit for around $200, but thought I'm doing a lighted rail table, why go with standard diffuser and plain SSC, why not do it up right with a custom Aluminum Diffuser and Cloth from Tony (ie. Chanman)...? His work is outstanding!!!

Then I started pricing out my custom table... Yikes, $200 plus just for the aluminum diffuser, $130 for the cloth. I'd still need a nice base (wasn't included in the lumber deal), and the LED lighting. My super cheap lighted table was fast getting out of hand. My wife... She ain't gonna go for this.

THEN... introduce my good buddy p5woody (damn him). He mocked me up a real rough concept for a custom cloth. Now, there's NO WAY I can go with SSC... It's custom, and this table is gonna break my bank account (and likely my marriage, lol).

My Custom Aluminum Diffuser will likely read "Fat Tire Poker" and be separated by a bike cutout design, and will repeat.

Here's the few mocks p5woody sent me. I'd like feedback on the designs, colors, etc...

A few of my initial observations:

I think the tire tread betting line is the nutz (hard to see in the mocks, but blown up, it's actually tire treads).

I've already decided that the text on the sides needs to face outwards.

I love the red color scheme, but I worry that the white/bright red contrast will make it hard to see chips (they’ll get lost). I sometimes think custom cloths are too busy, ya know? The gray/white/black felts seem like a great balance of contrast, and colors that won’t lose chips.

I am almost for sure doing black rail vinyl.

Before deciding on doing a custom felt, the question was what color to go with for SSC. The short list included Black, Platinum, or my normal Blackberry. I like the deep red blackberry color, but I’m not opposed to black. I’m not sure how these colors translate onto a gaming suede…

Your thoughts on colors? How about a combo of colors? With the center (betting area) being a slightly different (but not starkly contrasted) color?

FT%20Table%20Mock.jpg

FT%20Table%20Mock%202.jpg

FT%20Table%20Mock%203.jpg

99bee46d01f69af935c69f5edacb4168.jpg
That @p5woody does great work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom