...And there goes my Marraige (and my wallet) (1 Viewer)

I like the gradient behind the red bike better than the solid color examples. The pattern inside the betting line on the re-post is nice too, but I'm not sold on any of the chain designs. I think the tire tread worked better.

re-posting this one, trying to show a little more detail
View attachment 8257

I like this one, but without the gears at all. I like having the subtle pattern within the betting area but don't think introducing the gears really does anything to improve the overall design of the table and IMHO just makes it more cluttered than anything.

Playing around with a few more design ideas
View attachment 8255
View attachment 8256

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

re-posting this one, trying to show a little more detail
View attachment 8257

I kinda liked the scrolls, they looked classy. And though the idea of a giant gear is cool, the ones shown are a tad too busy for me. I was thinking to play on BGs idea of moving the circle scroll a bit outword towards the sides, and keeping it the same size or close to the same size, And as an option, make it a gear shaped similar to the paradice shaped Inlay, but just the outline?

I think I'd have to see it first, but if all ele fails, the circle tire tread might be just fine. Or as stated just to leave it out. Keep it simple, subtle.

I like the chains , however, im using a bad Internet connection on my iPad (while on a beach) and it's not ideal to see detail on any of the recent design mocks. :). Can't really complain about the bach tho... :)

TxbB03w.jpg

Last edited:
Freaking me out with the surprise shot of my kitchen table ;)

My biggest problem with the gear is the squared off bottoms. Bike sprocket teeth have a round recess between each tooth to catch the rollers on each chain link. If you used the correct profile, a bare outline could be really cool.

fly_bikes_pentagano_sprocket_1.jpg

I kinda liked the scrolls, they looked classy. And though the idea of a giant gear is cool, the ones shown are a tad too busy for me. I was thinking to play on BGs idea of moving the circle scroll a bit outword towards the sides, and keeping it the same size or close to the same size, And as an option, make it a gear shaped similar to the paradice shaped Inlay, but just the outline?

I think I'd have to see it first, but if all ele fails, the circle tire tread might be just fine. Or as stated just to leave it out. Keep it simple, subtle.

I like the chains , however, im using a bad Internet connection on my iPad (while on a beach) and it's not ideal to see detail on any of the recent design mocks. :). Can't really complain about the bach tho... :)

TxbB03w.jpg

Mr. Woody, that gear is exactly what I was thinking of. Perfect. You are amazing at reading my mind. I know BG had suggested ditching the FTP text on the sides, and having the gear/circle on its own, with shortened scroll work. Thoughts?

Also, I really like the bike chain bet line, but am wondering what others think. I also liked the tire treads, it'd be nice to incorporate that. Could those be the scroll lines somehow?

The gear looks really good to me. I like the tread more than the chain, but I think using both might get too busy. I don't mind the text, some elements that work from each viewing direction are good on a table design, even though you don't need absolute symmetry.

Maybe consider making the scroll lines (or whatever you call them) look more like a bicycle frame....

Two very near finalists... I was all but set, and was given one last attempt at including the tire treads into the design. I'm not sold on the tire treads circling the center... Thoughts or input on any aspect of this?

FT%20Table%20Mock%209.png

FT%20Table%20Mock%209a.png

Top one. I had to really zoom in to see the tread, and IMO it really doesn't add anything to the overall design.

Adding my vote for top. Contrast is better.

The bottom is too busy in the center.

And this is pretty much the final mockup. Adjusted for size, etc... Final thoughts?

FT%20Table%20Mock%209b.png

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see pictures of it on a table!

And this is pretty much the final mockup. Adjusted for size, etc... Final thoughts?

FT%20Table%20Mock%209b.png

That looks good. Post when you get it on... the printer is backed up when I last checked with Tony. Mine has been in the queue for a week. Hopefully that means business is good! Get it in before more orders pile up :).

More supplies are rolling in: I received word my lumber has been CNC'd, and my felt was scheduled to be printed this week. I just ordered my foam (along with some deco-nails) from YAT, and my LED's just came in. I gave the LED's a test run, just casually laid out on my current main table. They work very well, light up brilliantly (or dimmed if desired), and there's a ton of color choices. These don't look as nice just laid out with no diffuser (and on my current darker felt), but I can only imagine how sweet these LED's will look illuminating my FTP felt. :)

5B34D8E0-3F9A-43F5-896B-97DFB85B341C.jpg

B36A6889-645C-414D-B6C0-F2A5A76EE6F8.jpg

5E94E3AC-39A8-4742-8BD8-3A29A9A59D2A.jpg

E04BDD69-3E37-4487-87B8-CDA6F6AAF399.jpg

C67904A3-CDCA-4380-A524-85EF48F3DD00.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom