And so it begins (1 Viewer)

SmiLee

Reaction score
I'm gearing up to begin hosting a regular poker game out of my garage. What are the often over looked details that separates a good and run of the mill home game?
Current roster is 16 players, with hopes of doubling this by the end of 2023, 50,000 chip starting stacks with 12 min levels starting 100, 200. Looking forward to keeping y'all updated (and earning my 3 posts :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:)

Cheers to 2023!

12 minute blind level times are way too short, imo. There are better ways of managing time than rushing through the blind levels resulting in the players not paying equal blind amounts per orbit.

A good rule of thumb for home games is that blind level times should be no shorter than 2x the number of players at the table, and never shorter than 15 minutes.

If the resulting level times make the event too long, the overall length of the tournament can be controlled by decreasing the number of players, decreasing the starting stack size, increasing the size of the starting blinds, increasing the aggression level (percentage increase) of the blind structure, or a combination of those items.

I'm gearing up to begin hosting a regular poker game out of my garage. What are the often over looked details that separates a good and run of the mill home game?
Current roster is 16 players, with hopes of doubling this by the end of 2023, 50,000 chip starting stacks with 12 min levels starting 100, 200. Looking forward to keeping y'all updated (and earning my 3 posts :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:)

Cheers to 2023!
Super deep stack start but with fast blind levels may lead to confusion/frustration, depends what your players like though.

Some overlooked details: clear rules and consistent rulings on them, bathroom, garbage cans.

Quality Table, Chips, Cards, Chairs, and Dealer(s). Also I hear quality bourbon also helps

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom