Americans can’t say Glasgow (2 Viewers)

I even have a photo I took in Dundee as my computer wallpaper at work:

View attachment 683601
We sometimes team with a consulting firm that does lighting design and some other services, and they do a photo contest every year. This year the theme was "Out of Darkness" and I submitted this picture and was picked as one of the four winners! (and yes, there were more than four entries!) They're mailing me some kind of prize... might be an Italian lamp. :LOL: :laugh:

DUNDEE!!!

Try moving to Massachusetts and saying literally anything.

Gloucester
Worcester
Peabody (goddamnit it’s not P-BIDDY, it’s a town not a fucking rapper)
Glooster
Wooster
Pee-buh-dee

Do I win?

Glooster
Wooster
Pee-buh-dee

Do I win?
Your honorary Commonwealth citizenship certificate will be sent via USPS first class.

PS you own no property there but your MA taxes are now $7500 annually. Please remit payment via this included envelope that forces you to use your own postage.

Next on the list:

snapshotimagehandler_1081869701.jpeg

ask an American to say Craig

Them: Kreg.

ME: No Craig

ME: No. say Gray.

Them: Gray

ME: Now say CrayyyG

Aye, laddie….and Colquhoun is pronounced “ka-HOON”

What drives me crazy is when asphalt is pronounced “ash fault” or toilet is pronounced “ter-let”.

That's funny -- my mother was Welsh, and I was thinking of posting Llanfair P G just to put those Scots in their place. :cool

It's a cool little town on Anglesey -- we've been there. The 86-letter name stretches out over a mile alongside the tracks on the way in.

And no, I don't want to hear any Aussies piping in with their artificially named town with a longer name, created about twenty years ago specifically to claim the Guinness record. Just plain cheap, that was... (but Yay Barty!!!)

And if you want something American that Scots can't pronounce, just use Newark. No matter what they say, you can tell them they're wrong. :cool

Min-gavee
dazzle
Menzees

How'd I do?

Try these.
Saco
Bangor
Damariscotta
Terrible :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Mill guy

Dee Elle

Ming us

Here’s my attempt at yours

Sack oh

Bang or (there’s a Bangor in Wales and Ireland so I’m using their pronunciation)

Damaris cotta

Can we agree that the pronunciation of FUCK is universal though? FUCK always brings us togehter. FUCK transcends generational gaps, cultural chasms, arbitrarily nationalism.

FUCK is the way.

FUCK.

Can we agree that the pronunciation of FUCK is universal though? FUCK always brings us togehter. FUCK transcends generational gaps, cultural chasms, arbitrarily nationalism.

FUCK is the way.

FUCK.
Agreed

Terrible :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Mill guy

Dee Elle

Ming us

Here’s my attempt at yours

Sack oh

Bang or (there’s a Bangor in Wales and Ireland so I’m using their pronunciation)

Damaris cotta
Not bad.

Sawco
Bang-or was spot on
Dam-riscotta

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom