Am I a fairweather fan if I don't want to watch Brian Hoyer? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Serious queston. I've been a diehard, watch every game patriots fan since about 1997. Granted, that was easy to do with Brady leading the way from '01-'19. But I loved Bledsoe and I learned to like Cam even though he stunk, and I've been on the Mac Jones bandwagon too, because I'm a fan and that's what we do. But I know Brian Hoyer. I've seen Brian Hoyer. I honestly have zero interest in watching Brian Hoyer for the next month or two. Nope, less than zero. I think I actively do not want to watch those games. Because he's not just bad, he's bad and boring and frustrating as hell.
So if I'm watching Redzone or the Bucs or the Bills over the next couple of months, does that make me a fair weather fan?

Yes. I suffered through Brister, O'Donnell, Stewart and now Trubitsky with Randolph and other bad 2nd QBs. A few weeks will help build character and appreciation for the better times.

So if I'm watching Redzone or the Bucs or the Bills over the next couple of months, does that make me a fair weather fan?
Yes, but contrary to popular belief, being a fair-weather fan is mostly fine if you've given it a fair chance. Take it from a Texans fan, Sundays are a lot less dour when I don't just have to focus on my team sucking absolute shit. That said, I've seen way worse than Hoyer, but you Bostonians are extremely spoiled in the sports realm.

Serious queston. I've been a diehard, watch every game patriots fan since about 1997. Granted, that was easy to do with Brady leading the way from '01-'19. But I loved Bledsoe and I learned to like Cam even though he stunk, and I've been on the Mac Jones bandwagon too, because I'm a fan and that's what we do. But I know Brian Hoyer. I've seen Brian Hoyer. I honestly have zero interest in watching Brian Hoyer for the next month or two. Nope, less than zero. I think I actively do not want to watch those games. Because he's not just bad, he's bad and boring and frustrating as hell.
Time to start Michael Bishop.

It could be worse: you could be a Denver Broncos fan and live in Seattle, like me. :sick: Swear to f'ing gof if I hear "let's riIiIiIiIiDdde" ONE MORE TIME!!!!

I grew up in northern Virginia in a time when the only 3 sports teams on the television were the Washington Redskins, Baltimore Colts and Baltimore Orioles.
I was a diehard REDSKINS FAN as a kid and into my earlier adult years. The Redskins were bought by cancerous new owner in the 90s and the team has been one of the worst in all the NFL ever since.
I tried for many years to stay into them, once they put the final nail in the coffin and changed their name, my heart was no longer into them.

I still enjoy catching a Baltimore Orioles game now and then but even they are just SO difficult to watch much of the time.
I enjoy watching a great game. I watched the Green Bay, Tampa Bay game this weekend. Tom Brady is a TRUE WINNER in my book and I must say I get a guilty enjoyment listening to people hate on him so much. The guy hands down is the best to ever play the position, like it or not.
I wish the teams I used to route for had a guy like that in the line up, a coach like Belichek and an owner like Kraft.
So yeah, your a fair weather fan just like myself but I’ve got no problems with not allowing one’s self to continually be let down by teams that just turn themselves into miserable disappointments to waste my time looking at.
Good on you fair weather fan for finding happiness elsewhere. ;)

I think so, yes. But it could be worse, you could be a Browns or Jets fan. I'm not even sure how they still put people in seats.

I think if you give it a fair shake for the next 4-6 games, that's enough. See you at 1-7!

Michael Bishop
That’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.
cfl-lions-roughriders-20081109.jpg

Spent some time here in the CFL after washing out of the NFL. Good arm on the deep ball…that’s about it. Haha.

RedZone is one of the greatest inventions in the modern era fight me :as::ah:

80% of Boston sports fans are fair weather fans so it’s not like you’ll be alone. That region has been on sports heater for far too long and deserves some time in the desert.

Im not wishing Browns or “Commanders” type of desert wandering, but maybe a trip back to normal variance is healthy and provides a better appreciation for the good years.

But yeah, having a bad QB is the worst although at least one team has won two super bowls with bad QBs, so it’s not like it can’t be done.

That’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.
cfl-lions-roughriders-20081109.jpg

Spent some time here in the CFL after washing out of the NFL. Good arm on the deep ball…that’s about it. Haha.
He was a backup on the patriots for a few years. He was supposed to be fast and have a big arm. Patriots had Drew Bledsoe at the time (and actually a baby Tom Brady for one year) and poor Bledsoe was just getting a ton of criticism in his last few years with the patriots, some of it deserved.
So there were CONSTANT demands from fans to see Bishop. So much so that it’s now like an inside joke.

80% of Boston sports fans are fair weather fans
I don’t know if that’s fair. Growing up, there were memories of past Bruins glory, and yes the Bird Celtics were dominant, but the Patriots were a joke and the Red Sox just broke our hearts every single year. But still, we were fans.
Maybe there’s a new generation of fair weather fans. Probably. But my generation was full of long-suffering, diehard fans.

He was a backup on the patriots for a few years. He was supposed to be fast and have a big arm. Patriots had Drew Bledsoe at the time (and actually a baby Tom Brady for one year) and poor Bledsoe was just getting a ton of criticism in his last few years with the patriots, some of it deserved.
So there were CONSTANT demands from fans to see Bishop. So much so that it’s now like an inside joke.
Backup QBs are the most popular players according to people who call in to sports talk radio.

I’ll watch Hoyer to see how the Patriots’ coaching staff deals with the situation. (The offensive coaching has been abysmal this year.)

I don’t know if that’s fair. Growing up, there were memories of past Bruins glory, and yes the Bird Celtics were dominant, but the Patriots were a joke and the Red Sox just broke our hearts every single year. But still, we were fans.
Maybe there’s a new generation of fair weather fans. Probably. But my generation was full of long-suffering, diehard fans.
That’s the 20%. There are not many left. I knew some of them and rooted along with them against the Yankees in heat breaking games. Most have passed, sadly.

I’ll watch Hoyer to see how the Patriots’ coaching staff deals with the situation. (The offensive coaching has been abysmal this year.)
Yeah I was thinking it might be time to just figure out a way to run the whole offense through Harris and Rhamondre

Browns fan. And I'm gonna say this like I'd tell a close friend....

Yes. You root. No matter what. Quit being a bitch and drink more beer. *Takes long swig while glaring with white hot hatred*

ive enjoyed some Hoyer the Destroyer games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom