Alternatives to PokerGFX? (1 Viewer)

NegativeZeroo

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey guys I was gifted an RFID table, and finally got it setup. Got the demo of PokerGFX up and running, everything registers, but it times out every 10 mins. Was gonna post some pics once everything was ironed out, took longer than expected.

Is there any alternatives to it? Or do I just gotta shell out the 700aud, I just run a 10c/20c table :>

I don't have experience here.
But I am interested in your experience.
Keep us updated, thanks for the post.

I'd assume if it times out every 10 minutes like clockwork, it's because you're using the demo version. I don't know how time-consuming it is to restart the demo, but unless you're willing to restart it each time it clocks out, you might just have to shell out the beans.

And also, I know you got it as a gift but with all due respect wtf is the point of a production-quality RFID table on a friendly .10/.20 game lol? Do you guys record the games or something? If so that's pretty neat

And also, I know you got it as a gift but with all due respect wtf is the point of a production-quality RFID table on a friendly .10/.20 game lol? Do you guys record the games or something? If so that's pretty neat

Because it's an uncapped 10-20c game probably... people sitting in front of 10k stacks throwing out the obligatory 100BB button raise ;)

Also, GL with the table... it'd be awesome to have one of those...

Sounds sweet. Please post pics of the table and software running.

What cards do you have for this?

Does this have the ability to track tagged chips?

I'd assume if it times out every 10 minutes like clockwork, it's because you're using the demo version. I don't know how time-consuming it is to restart the demo, but unless you're willing to restart it each time it clocks out, you might just have to shell out the beans.

Yeah it's just the demo, every 10 mins you have to restart, it seems like it stop registering the cards until the server is bounced.

Yeah so my father had some projects in the work for streaming services. I think this table was their 2nd prototype. The project fell through, and he was left with it. He used it for his poker study group, but life got busy, he moved a few times, and the table wound up collecting dust in the garage. I needed to replace my crappy table, and he offered his.

Been doing some minor TLC, but it's pretty frikin awesome. The RFID was just a bonus. Thought it would be cool to record sessions and upload it to my Plex server or something. I'll upload some photos, when I get off work.

Sounds sweet. Please post pics of the table and software running.

What cards do you have for this?

Does this have the ability to track tagged chips?

I'll be off work in a few hours I'll upload soon.

Negative on the chips, just cards. I believe they are plastic cartamundi's, can't see the embedded circuitry in the card even if I hold up to the lights.

Sorry for the double Post.

• I added cup holders, not a fan of the colors, will eventually replace with SS.
  • Added a 3rd layer of wood, the circuit layer was a strange wood, very soft.
  • Cleaned up the taping on the circuit layer, looks much cleaner now.
  • The felt ripped along the inside seem where it slides in against the racetrack, gotta replace that too eventually.
  • Debating sanding and restaining the race track.
  • Oh and get new legs for it. Currently its sitting on a foldy table. Those boomerang bases look super cool.

It was a huge upgrade from our last table. Love Love Love playing on it.
Have some more work to get done now that im home, Ill try to get some live PokerGFX screenshots after im done with chores.

Attachments

• IMG_2660.JPG
    IMG_2660.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_2673.JPG
    IMG_2673.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_2679.JPG
    IMG_2679.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 452
Also, this:

Only specific spots on the table which have rfid can track things, and this one is only meant for the cards, as shown in the pics, and in that quote.

Seems there are two spots, right and left of the board, that could theoretically track chips in the pot? But still, personal opinion is RFID chips are overkill.

Seems there are two spots, right and left of the board, that could theoretically track chips in the pot? But still, personal opinion is RFID chips are overkill.

I'd rather have RFID chips than RFID cards, if I had to choose one or the other. Never miscount a stack or a bet again. Besides, the fields on the RFID reading area look like they can handle more than just cards.

I'd rather have RFID chips than RFID cards, if I had to choose one or the other. Never miscount a stack or a bet again. Besides, the fields on the RFID reading area look like they can handle more than just cards.
RFID chips are expensive, and hard to find, so there’s no reason to shell out that extra money, if you just occasionally stream a bit of low-stakes poker, and don’t make any money off of it.

RFID chips are expensive, and hard to find, so there’s no reason to shell out that extra money, if you just occasionally stream a bit of low-stakes poker, and don’t make any money off of it.

Oh yes, of course. I'm not a proponent of RFID-anything for a home game. It's only really needed for the televised professional stuff. But, on the other hand, if I had all the money in the world....

Anyway, as OP said, it was a gift ("A kingly gift indeed!" as Gimli might say), I would have secretly hoped for a full set of RFID chips and cards to go with it.... ;)

Help me out here... what's the point of an RFID table if you can't track stack/pot/betting action along with the hole card info?

It seems to be that on the streams I've watched (LATB, mostly), the stack/pot info is manually input by an operator working off of dealer announcements of bets/raises. Coupled with a manual input of buyin amounts, it's trivial to keep those running numbers. And given how often it seems the RFID has trouble picking up a card or two, I wouldn't trust it to accurately count stacks or piles of chips 100% of the time, in which case you still need to track the betting externally to reconcile later on. For OP's implementation, he'd just need to record audio to track the action and match that up with the hands later when processing.

Yeah, out of the two it seems more important that the cards be RFID. Chips are visible, and you could make a rule that the players have to verbalize all bets for the livestream/recording too.

Instead, I think you should have RFID seats, with each person sitting there with a chip/circuit in their pants. That way you can tell where people are sitting. By RFID. You know, for security.

Instead, I think you should have RFID seats, with each person sitting there with a chip/circuit in their pants. That way you can tell where people are sitting. By RFID. You know, for security.

"Hey Mark, good to see you and thanks for coming. How much you buying in for? $100? Great. Go ahead and drop your pants."

My table just tracks cards afaik. But the software, based on what seat is dealt first and what seats fold, it can crudely track action. You can even set it up so it automatically switches camera inputs based on where it thinks the action is. I figured I'd hook up some old webcams for audio/video and have it track action as best it can automatically and display the hole cards/board/percentages over the webcam footage. To know bet sizes you'll have to watch the video and look for stacks grabbed or listen for the bet size called out.

Pokergfx has a manual mode too if you have a dedicated operator to more accurately follow action and bet sizes. I think LATB uses the exact software with default skin. You can also set it on a delay, thought it might be cool to have it on a TV at the table on a 30min delay.

Didn't even know they made RFID chips that sounds pretty sweet.

Those are the fold/muck trackers

Awesome table, but you need some better chips.
LOL yeah I have some CPCs I got off eBay, I posted a link to them in another post. My friends don't like them very much. For some reason they love the WSOP Bellagio chips for some reason. They're better than dice, but definitely no clay feel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom