Alternate Payment Platforms for International Transactions (1 Viewer)

Would you consider alternate payment platforms if you could "trust" it?

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I don't trust any platforms

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
I'd be happy to offer one of the above mentioned to my international friends in future GBs or reshipping/sales deals provided we have a few more members with positive experiences

Hi,
Thanks @davislane for running this conversation.
So, it looks there are two possible alternatives to PP : Revolut or Transfer wise?
I need to go and check that :)
PPs change rate is scandalous and they charge huge fees imo.
there has been a lot of discussion around Revolut but no "verified" feedback to direct people to yet. Hopefully that changes

I'd be happy to offer one of the above mentioned to my international friends in future GBs or reshipping/sales deals provided we have a few more members with positive experiences
There is a growing list of people that can vouch for Transferwise's simplicity and ease of use as a funds receiver. I just need to round more of them up.

there has been a lot of discussion around Revolut but no "verified" feedback to direct people to yet. Hopefully that changes
Hm, what exactly do you mean by that? We're at least 3 here who are using it.

Hm, what exactly do you mean by that? We're at least 3 here who are using it.
It hasn't been long enough yet. Give it another week and then ask yourself if the phone calls with those "extended car warranties" went up or not

How are international chippers sending their $ these days?

I personally am still using wise.com (formerly transferwise) with great success. Transfers are super quick, albeit not instant, arrive within a day or two but are worth it when taking into account the savings in conversion fees.

Have missed this thread. Still mostly Paypal, but after talking to @Marius L I recently started a Revolut account. Seems like a much better solution. Haven’t used it for any US transactions yet though but received one outside from of EU (GB).

I use Revolut when posible and just try to keep a bunch of USD in my paypal account to limit exchanges back and forth. But admittedly that's not always very practical

List of Alternate International Payment Platforms that have been successfully used and verified by members.

-Transferwise. https://transferwise.com.
Money goes directly into the receiver's bank account without incurring any fees. The receiver only needs to provide the sender with their first and last name and email address to initiate the transaction. The sender pays and small fee comparatively and gets an amazing exchange rate.
Update. tranferwise.com rebranded and is now just wise.com. Their service offering has improved. They now allow you to have multi-currency accounts so you can receive payments and store USD for future purchases etc.

Last edited:
Update. tranferwise.com is not just wise.com. Their service offering has improved. They now allow you to have multi-currency accounts so you can receive payments and store USD for future purchase etc.
Paypal does that too, right? It’s more about getting screwed when withdrawing (converting)

Paypal does that too, right? It’s more about getting screwed when withdrawing (converting)
You get screwed when transferring internationally as well with F&F even if it's in the same currency. Like more than 10%. I just pay G&S + 7% at that point if seller wants more money lol

You get screwed when transferring internationally as well with F&F even if it's in the same currency. Like more than 10%. I just pay G&S + 7% at that point if seller wants more money lol
I pay a flat fee of just over $2 on all transactions outside of EU

I pay a flat fee of just over $2 on all transactions outside of EU
1680767708950.png

F&F to EU. US is worse. It gets better when the total is over $500, then it becomes ~2%. Still $10 transaction fee though lol - wtf!

On top of a PayPal fee per transaction. They will also bend you over when they do their currency conversion
Screenshot_20230406_181633_PayPal.jpg

Unless you happen to have a great credit card that does not charge you a cash advance fee and has a good conversion rate of its own. But then of course if you choose that, PayPal will simply increase their base fee.

All I can say is thank you to all my chipper brothers and sisters who have allowed wise.com for my transactions. Saved me a ton of money and just feelsgood all round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom