Alright, Here goes (2 Viewers)

SvenPlaysPoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey team, I'm Kyle. I've been around poker on and off for what seems like most of my life. I am sure I have watched more poker than played it, and it's so weird how I feel confident in plays and what I would do when watching others. Then, when the time comes to actually play, I have no clue what to do. I get so excited on good hands and also bad hands. I find the game fascinating in how much more depth is added every time I play. When I was in college, my roommates and I would watch j carver on twitch for hours which was a much better alternative to actually studying.

I've recently gotten a group of friends who play poker every month or so, and we even nicely transitioned to digital games while the pandemic kept us apart. I have rediscovered this form after looking for a poker chip set for my brother. Previously I had been interested in getting my hands on the samples of chips to try out, but didn't have enough post here as you can see. so my title alludes to, let's do it this time. I look forward to learning more and interacting with ya'll :)

Hi Kyle! Are you still interested in getting a hold of one of the USA sample sets? They are both in active circulation now, and there's only maybe 1 or 2 people in the current queue.
Nice to see a familiar avatar - diddn't expect that :) Yes I am still interested, and now honestly a little scared as it seems like there's a good chance I'm about to get into something my wallet will not thank me for! I also might pique some friends interest, too lol

That Avitar is halarious! Welcome to the forum @SvenPlaysPoker , that was a great intro! So when you guys were playing live poker was it with dice chips? Sluggos? Looking to step up now? Anything caught your eye if intrest thus far?

Definitely I think the most important thing is establishing a budget and doing your best to stay within that budget. None of us are really sure why but poker chips are like fine drugs... they just keep you coming back for more. I say it all the time, you finally find that perfect set, make the purchase, it shows up and you love them... snap pictures and put them in the mail thread! Maybe even set of some mocked up starting stacks,! But if in that moment you find yourself reaching for your phone because you want more! Well then welcome to the club, you are not alone! Haha the hey, I only need xxx to cover one table quickly turns into the "well what if I had more than ten, I could always buy a table topper and host a second table in the dining room, or better yet, buy another table" when in reality you only have 7 - 8 people interested in playing poker. You just want to build a monster chips set and don't know why! Before long its "well I could buy another tourney set that is T5 based, a micro cash set because maybe some will play cash of i buy a set with nickles for a $20 buy in, limit... no I don't play limit, but what if someone asks to play limit? I should definitely get another set to cover that just incase!" Somewhere in the middle your lady starts questioning if you have started illegally smuggling drugs from Mexico, and when she realizes they are all poker chips... good luck! Then my friend you have the Chipping big foe which there is no cure! Lmao

As @tabletalker7 mentioned we co host a game in the Columbis area every year, if that's not too far away I would highly recommcoming and checking out some chips, we bring a few
20211001_122719.jpg

Great friends and lots of low stakes fun! Very laid back atmosphere. This game happens in October but there has been rumor of moving it to twice a year! We love our Ohio Fam!

If I can ever be of assistance with anything feel free to reach out any time!

Fellow Chipper Ben

@Ben8257 Thanks for the invite, I'll keep an eye out. I'm always down for a reason to visit Colombus. And it seems like my brain works much like yours. Good to keep that thing in check. Beautiful spread of chips, and I love the look of that red case :)... now I realize I'm nearing the point of no return.

Welcome! Check out the sample sets mentioned here (under the Poker Chip General forum--check the stickies). If patience isn't your game or you want to hold on to the samples for future purchasing I reccomend some sample packs from Apache!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom