Alpha Shootout: Memorial Weekend 2021

Reaction score
I know it's a bit early, but I wanted to give everybody a heads up that I am doing a Memorial Week 2021 meetup (Wednesday May 26, 2021 through Sunday May 30th).

The following people have priority, but if you need a place to stay, hit me up and I will work something out. I have tons of space for people to crash, and would love to accommodate as many people as possible. I will also provide information for local hotel accommodations when I fill up.

1. @detroitdad , in...has a room
  2. @WedgeRock , maybe...free option
  3. @inca911 , in..has a room
  4. @k9dr , in...has a room
  5. @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92, in...have a room
  6. Air mattress: @Rbonus012
  7. @JustDave
  8. @arch3r
  9. @Thisfiendis138
  10. @grebe
  11. @Goldfish
  12. @Irish (spot reserved, bringing a mattress)
  13. @krafticus
  14. @Eazy
  15. @joeyshin
  16. @p5woody
  17. @Cliff (maybe)
  18. @MikesDad (maybe)
  19. @AWenger
  20. @Burke
  21. @Littleluck55 (maybe)
  22. @JRald07
  23. @moechar (maybe)
I'm not near as organized as others, but I will make room for anybody. Air mattress, sleep bag, anything goes. Just looking to have an AMAZING time with as many peeps as possible.

I will update the schedule as we get closer and I get a better idea of when people are interested in arriving.

Looking forward to a GREAT time my friends!!

---------
2-3-2021 UPDATE: I am a definite YES for the Memorial Weekend Alpha Shootout, so come on by!

AIRPORT: I recommend flying in to Richmond International airport. It's about the same distance to my house as Reagan National, but you don't have to deal with DC traffic, which can be brutal. Link to the Airport: https://flyrichmond.com

HOTELS. For those anybody not flopping at my house, below are local hotels that are within 15 minutes of my house. Hotels are listed in the order of preference that I would chose:
--------

SCHEDULE:

Alright...I'm not near as organized as others, but here's a general schedule.
  • Wednesday (5/26): Bourbon, beer, and friends by the water, fire pit, and anything else that moves us. People will be flying in. I will have pizza and alcohol so we can chill...have a few drinks...and toss some cards if the mood arises. Laid back night for shaking off some jet lag and just hanging with new and old friends.
  • Thursday (5/27):
    • Heading to downtown Fred at 12pmish for lunch and beers at Sedona's.
    • Doors open at Seeking Alpha at 4pm.
    • 1 table will be .50 / $1 NLHE
    • Other tables (up to 4 total) will be circus games. I will let @Lil Tuna and others who are much better at circus games run those tables because I suck at them.
  • Friday (5/28): Doors open at noon.
    • I am smoking some pulled pork, so I will have BBQ ready starting at noon. Come on over; fill up...and we will start tossing cards when everybody is full and ready to roll.
    • 1 table will be .50 / $1 NLHE
    • Other tables (up to 4 total) will be circus games. I will let @Lil Tuna and others who are much better at circus games run those tables because I suck at them.
  • Saturday (5/29): Doors open at noon.
    • High Roller Tournament kicks off at 2pm
    • Beer, Burgers and dogs will be available starting at noon.
    • Cash games follow for those of us that suck at tournaments :)
      • 1 Table = .50 / $1 NLHE
      • Up to 3 tables = mixed circus games.
I will award 2 "Alpha" bracelets. 1 will be for the winner of the High Roller Tournament; and the other will be for the best cash game player for the week.

Best Cash Game Player: This will be purely optional, but once you opt in, you can NOT opt out no matter how good or bad you are doing. Here are the rules:
  • We will keep a side pool of money that will be paid out 75% to the top cash game player and 25% to the 2nd best cash game player.
    • Each day, your first $20 buy in will cost you $5 (toward the pool) and every $20 after that will be $2 (toward the pool).
  • We will keep points based on your winnings. I will tally points each day. If you're up $500, then you get +500 in points and if you're down $500, you will be -500 points.
    • The beauty of this is that people that only play on Friday and or Saturday might not be at a disadvantage compare to those of us that lose money on Weds and Thurs.
    • However, you are only entitled to the amount of the pool that you played in. So if Weds and Thurs accumulated $500 in buy ins, but you played Fri and Sat, you don't have any rights to that $500...only to what was accumulated on the days you played.
    • Don't worry, I have a spreadsheet to tracks all this and we have been doing it for years. :)
  • At 8pm Saturday night; we will stop all games, tally up the points and award the 2021 Alpha Cash Game player of the year.

Keep in mind that we have a WIDE range of players. Some drink, some don't, some are great players, and some suck!! Only requirement is--win, lose, or draw--to have a GREAT time!!

Last edited:

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I know it's a bit early, but I wanted to give everybody a heads up that I am doing a Memorial Week 2021 meetup (Wednesday May 26, 2021 through Sunday May 30th).

The following people have priority, but if you need a place to stay, hit me up and I will work something out. I have tons of space for people to crash, and would love to accommodate as many people as possible. I will also provide information for local hotel accommodations when I fill up.

1. @Hornet, In...has a room
  2. @detroitdad , in...has a room
  3. @Lil Tuna , in...has a room
  4. @ChaosRock , maybe...free option
  5. @WedgeRock , maybe...free option
  6. @inca911 , tentative (we will definitely hook you up) :)
  7. Air mattress:
  8. Air mattress:
  9. Air mattress:
I'm not near as organized as others, but I will make room for anybody. Air mattress, sleep bag, anything goes. Just looking to have an AMAZING time with as many peeps as possible.

I will update the schedule as we get closer and I get a better idea of when people are interested in arriving.

Looking forward to a GREAT time my friends!!

Already cleared it with the wife. IN

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn the big boys coming to play in the VA crew!! This ones going to be epic!!

GO AWAY COVID!!!

Also worth the invite... @JFCJ, @AfterTheFact, @Thisfiendis138, @PhilLaFond, @longflop, @Highli99, @CraigT78 (for the record I am tagging Craig in every meet up until our paths cross!) @Irish! Long drive brother, probably a no... but hey you never know!

I hope our non PCF member Gunny makes the invite list... lol he is a local 8th wonder of the world!

Reaction score
Damn the big boys coming to play in the VA crew!! This ones going to be epic!!

GO AWAY COVID!!!

Also worth the invite... @JFCJ, @AfterTheFact, @Thisfiendis138, @PhilLaFond, @longflop, @Highli99, @CraigT78 (for the record I am tagging Craig in every meet up until our paths cross!) @Irish! Long drive brother, probably a no... but hey you never know!

I hope our non PCF member Gunny makes the invite list... lol he is a local 8th wonder of the world!
Gunny, and other locals, will definitely be there!!

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kev, can Brie and I book a tent site and mobile fire ring down by the lake in the woods?? Lol

Kevin's place is beautiful guys! Outside camping as long as he allows it would be awesome that time of year!
IN
And I'm kind of hesitant to invite Craig he might judge my beer drinking choice

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Kevin if you would rather go with Oval tables, obviously your choice. But Brie and I could definitely help!

I plan to have at least one of these ordered before then.
Screenshot_20201016-104227_Samsung Internet.jpg

We have a traditional 10 player race track table 94" also
20200222_183457.jpg

And this smaller but nice new addition to the collection
Screenshot_20201016-104348_Samsung Internet.jpg

Really snug for 10 players I think this one is 86"

Anyways, not sure on total numbers of players but Brie and I are always happy to bring anything you need!

Just if you would rather go that route!

Reaction score
As of right now, pencil me in for 1 day (probably not over night) which ever day will have the main event/ the most folks :D
That will likely be Saturday. Looking to kick off Saturday with a $100 tournament using the big boys. Followed by cash for those of us that will be out early.

IMG_20170521_212626.jpg
downloadfile-21.jpg

Reaction score
Also Kevin if you would rather go with Oval tables, obviously your choice. But Brie and I could definitely help!

I plan to have at least one of these ordered before then.
View attachment 568830
We have a traditional 10 player race track table 94" also
View attachment 568837
And this smaller but nice new addition to the collection
View attachment 568840

Anyways, not sure on total numbers of players but Brie and I are always happy to bring anything you need!

Just if you would rather go that route!
YES!! Will definitely need another table. I will set it up on the other side of the bar near the bathroom. Thanks!!

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just want you to know there are options and you don't have to worry about tables and chairs.

Hope we get the Samurai's in play one evening!! Damn I love those chips!

Ben

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score

We don't want 10 player tables anyways. Limits the games that can be called. I think race tracks look awesome on a table, but it effects my chip shuffling lol. Lets be honest, that's why I'm playing lol.

@Seeking Alpha Social Club I'll sponsor a couple of bottles of bourbon.

Goldfish

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know whether to Like or Laugh.:tup::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Either way...totally looking forward to playing with you. And please feel free to bring any SB $500s you get tired of between now and then.:D
They will be murdered way before then.... Animal House Cali edition is in process.

Top Bottom