Wanted All Plaques Wanted! (US) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaketheGreat

High Hand
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So recently, my buddy's been looking everywhere for some plaques to add to his set. Apparently, yesterday he missed out on a lot of European poker plaques on Craigslist by just a couple hours. So now he's been this real sad sack. As Christmas is coming up, I've been looking to cheer him up and get him some myself. If you have any you're willing to sell, I'd love to buy them! (really only need about 10 and would prefer US shipping)

Thanks!

double digits would be ideal, but really anything could work...
$20/25? $50?

I’ve got some “cards mold” plaques (manufactured in China) if you’re interested in $20s or a sample set. They are low-price alternatives to “MSK” plaques that you may have come across on the forum.

Old pic from June 2022 - still have them lying around somewhere; can find them if interested
1670769579685.jpeg

Sorry, I'm not particularly familiar with plaque quality distinctions, can someone give me or link me to a quick guide?

You've basically :

ABS "Dice" plaques

10506.jpg

Ceramic plaques

nj-25k-main_1_1.jpg

@ABC Gifts and Awards and @SUN-FLY Poker Chips offer these. Generic chinese sellers too.

MSK plaques

majestic-poker-plaques500.jpg

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product-category/plaques-and-jetons/

Imho, the best value for the buck.

Generic chinese sellers also offer similar product but I don't know the quality.

And then, above MSK in quality you've Matsui or better, Abbiati. They are much more expensive though.

And finally the best ones - imho - B&G.
Thanks for the guide, how can you determine the manufacturer or material the plaque is made of though? (like how Paulson has the classic Top hat and Cane's around the side of the chip)

Thanks for the guide, how can you determine the manufacturer or material the plaque is made of though? (like how Paulson has the classic Top hat and Cane's around the side of the chip)
There are clues. Matsui are flush. Msk and others have a raised lip to stop plaques sticking to each other. Msk and abiiati(shit spelling) have different lips, one is round, one is straight. Tina ones have a lip but the plaque that is similar to msk but is more plasticky and the sandwiched material is less uniform. Etc

It’s trivially easy to tell them apart when they are in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom